Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Secure FTP Wrapper 2.0 uses SSL for FTP
Glub Tech has released Secure FTP Wrapper 2.0, a server-side component that makes a standard FTP server a secure FTP server. It now encrypts the data channel via SSL protocols as well as the command channel (username/password). The $250 Java application is available as a 30-day demo.
MacRPM 1.3: extract, view RPM files
Sveinbjorn Thordarson has released MacRPM 1.3, a utility for extracting files from RedHat Package Manager packages.
Picture Browser 3.1: view images, movies
Picture Browser 3.1 offers many standard picture viewer functions on both Mac OS 8/9 and OS X as well as slide show functions. The download also includes Movie PlayList 1.0, which creates playlists for movie files, support all QuickTime-compatible files.
Handspring reduces prices on handhelds
Handspring has dropped the price of its Visor Pro to $230 ($20 reduction) and its Visor Neo to $170 ($30 reduction). The Visor Pro has 16MB of memory and a rechargeable lithium ion battery, while Visor Neo is Handspring's entry-level, high-performance Visor and comes in three colors: smoke, blue and red.
CopyPaste-X 1.1 offers multiple clipboards
Script Software has posted CopyPaste-X 1.1, an update to its $20 shareware clipboard enhancement utilty that provides multiple clipboards (and other enhancements). Version 1.1 offers resizable palettes, picture previews in each palette, multiple clip sets, default tab widths in the clipboard editor, and new text insertion commands.
New Custom filter for Photoshop available
Reindeer Games has created a Free 7x7 Custom Filter Plug-in (replacing the 5x5 filter that ships with Photoshop) for creating custom filters in both 8-bits and 16-bits per channel images. It with larger filters, real numbers (floating point), preserves colors, reads/writes TEXT files, and can autoscale results.
SETI control manages SETI@home app
"SETI control" is a REALbasic application which allows you to control the Darwin (Unix) version of SETI@home in OS X. It claims to run faster than the OS X screensaver version and includes a document "SETI control desc.rtf" which describes how to download and install the Darwin version of setiathome.
When it comes to selecting a printer, it's not exactly something most people put a lot of thought into. Printers are often touted as ...Moshi iVisor AG and XT for iPad Air 2
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...OmniPlan (OS X, iOS)
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 11 replies
- Apple Watch: plethora of details leak as public debut nears - 10 replies
- New Jersey man hospitalized by exploded iPhone 5c battery - 10 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Samsung Pay electronic payment system deployed in Galaxy S6, S6 edge - 8 replies
- Apple reportedly launching wide public beta of iOS 8.3 in May - 7 replies