Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Free version of RagTime suite posted
RagTime GmbH has released a free version of its new hybrid (Mac and Windows compatible) desktop publishing suite. The package includes word processing, spreadsheet, pictures, drawing and charting. The downloadable version of RagTime includes startup window that asks the user to acknowledge that RagTime Solo may not be employed for commercial use.
MergeMill 1.0 helps extra, format data
Cross Culture's Mergemill 1.0 is a $95 tool for "quickly generating web pages and easily reformatting data exported from databases...It is unique among similar products in its use of the IF and LOOP control tags, which bring power and flexibility to its more advanced users who create their own format files or templates. The three web tools built into Mergemill, namely Convert to GIF, Color Visualizer and Web Symbols are each useful on their own."
MySQL 4.01 alpha database server released
MySQL 4.01a is the latest releae of the popular, freeware database. Version 4.0 is billed as a "reconstruction release" that will "enable [the company] to more easily add new features to MySQL in the future." [OS X Server 1.x, OS X 10.1.1]
starQuiz 1.01 helps teachers give tests
cosmicsoft has released starQuiz 1.0.1, a teacher's tool for giving tests to students in the classroom, offering the ability to automatically grade the results and print reports. Registration costs $20. [Classic, Carbon]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 21 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies
- Editorial: Apple's iOS purchase-history purge disrespects users - 8 replies