Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Free version of RagTime suite posted
RagTime GmbH has released a free version of its new hybrid (Mac and Windows compatible) desktop publishing suite. The package includes word processing, spreadsheet, pictures, drawing and charting. The downloadable version of RagTime includes startup window that asks the user to acknowledge that RagTime Solo may not be employed for commercial use.
MergeMill 1.0 helps extra, format data
Cross Culture's Mergemill 1.0 is a $95 tool for "quickly generating web pages and easily reformatting data exported from databases...It is unique among similar products in its use of the IF and LOOP control tags, which bring power and flexibility to its more advanced users who create their own format files or templates. The three web tools built into Mergemill, namely Convert to GIF, Color Visualizer and Web Symbols are each useful on their own."
MySQL 4.01 alpha database server released
MySQL 4.01a is the latest releae of the popular, freeware database. Version 4.0 is billed as a "reconstruction release" that will "enable [the company] to more easily add new features to MySQL in the future." [OS X Server 1.x, OS X 10.1.1]
starQuiz 1.01 helps teachers give tests
cosmicsoft has released starQuiz 1.0.1, a teacher's tool for giving tests to students in the classroom, offering the ability to automatically grade the results and print reports. Registration costs $20. [Classic, Carbon]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 63 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Gartner: Apple rises, Samsung drops in worldwide phone share - 6 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies