Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Free version of RagTime suite posted
RagTime GmbH has released a free version of its new hybrid (Mac and Windows compatible) desktop publishing suite. The package includes word processing, spreadsheet, pictures, drawing and charting. The downloadable version of RagTime includes startup window that asks the user to acknowledge that RagTime Solo may not be employed for commercial use.
MergeMill 1.0 helps extra, format data
Cross Culture's Mergemill 1.0 is a $95 tool for "quickly generating web pages and easily reformatting data exported from databases...It is unique among similar products in its use of the IF and LOOP control tags, which bring power and flexibility to its more advanced users who create their own format files or templates. The three web tools built into Mergemill, namely Convert to GIF, Color Visualizer and Web Symbols are each useful on their own."
MySQL 4.01 alpha database server released
MySQL 4.01a is the latest releae of the popular, freeware database. Version 4.0 is billed as a "reconstruction release" that will "enable [the company] to more easily add new features to MySQL in the future." [OS X Server 1.x, OS X 10.1.1]
starQuiz 1.01 helps teachers give tests
cosmicsoft has released starQuiz 1.0.1, a teacher's tool for giving tests to students in the classroom, offering the ability to automatically grade the results and print reports. Registration costs $20. [Classic, Carbon]
Finding a speaker purpose-built for a specific need is challenging. Even when a Bluetooth speaker can be paired with a mobile device, ...JBL Synchros E40BT headphones
For all the different configurations of headphones on the market, it's always a tough choice for buyers to get something that is just ...Razer Taipan mouse
The list of gaming devices is growing larger with each passing day. A large number of companies have entered the gaming input arena, a ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 25 replies
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- SEC: Apple bought back another $5 billion in stock in June quarter - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Coalition of authors blames 'thuggish' Amazon for Hachette dispute - 10 replies
- Microsoft rolls out major update of OneNote for iPad, iPhone, Mac - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies