Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Motorola: Semiconductor group most affected
NewsFactor profiles the state of Motorola, Apple's manufacturer of PowerPC processors which has announced plans to cut more than 9,400 jobs and close some facilities. Unfortunately, Motorola said its semiconductor products sector (which produces PowerPC chips) will be most affected by the layoffs, and shed about 4,000 employees.
Dialpad files for bankruptcy, reorganizes
Dialpad Communications, which recently released its Voice over IP telephony software for Mac OS X, announced that it has filed voluntary petitions for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code over the weekend. The company's CEO said the move was necessary to continue service as well as reorganize, and says Dialpad received a commitment for $1.25 million in post-petition financing from Mr. Sang Su Oh, former CEO of Serome Technology, Inc.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Netflix forges agreement with Comcast to end video speed throttling - 14 replies
- Opinion: How will Apple maintain usability on a larger iPhone? - 14 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Report: Mac users 4x more 'engaged' than Windows users - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies