Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Motorola: Semiconductor group most affected
NewsFactor profiles the state of Motorola, Apple's manufacturer of PowerPC processors which has announced plans to cut more than 9,400 jobs and close some facilities. Unfortunately, Motorola said its semiconductor products sector (which produces PowerPC chips) will be most affected by the layoffs, and shed about 4,000 employees.
Dialpad files for bankruptcy, reorganizes
Dialpad Communications, which recently released its Voice over IP telephony software for Mac OS X, announced that it has filed voluntary petitions for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code over the weekend. The company's CEO said the move was necessary to continue service as well as reorganize, and says Dialpad received a commitment for $1.25 million in post-petition financing from Mr. Sang Su Oh, former CEO of Serome Technology, Inc.
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...Snugg Robust Case for iPad Air
Snugg's Distressed Brown Leather Case was something of a pleasant surprise when I reviewed it last year. I didn't expect much at fi ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Adobe drags feet on notifying data theft victims, millions at risk - 9 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Nokia pokes Apple's iPad Air with derisive new ads for Lumia 2520 - 8 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- WD Black 2 Dual Drive combines SSD, HDD into non-hybrid format - 6 replies