Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Motorola: Semiconductor group most affected
NewsFactor profiles the state of Motorola, Apple's manufacturer of PowerPC processors which has announced plans to cut more than 9,400 jobs and close some facilities. Unfortunately, Motorola said its semiconductor products sector (which produces PowerPC chips) will be most affected by the layoffs, and shed about 4,000 employees.
Dialpad files for bankruptcy, reorganizes
Dialpad Communications, which recently released its Voice over IP telephony software for Mac OS X, announced that it has filed voluntary petitions for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code over the weekend. The company's CEO said the move was necessary to continue service as well as reorganize, and says Dialpad received a commitment for $1.25 million in post-petition financing from Mr. Sang Su Oh, former CEO of Serome Technology, Inc.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 13 replies
- Apple purging XcodeGhost-afflicted apps, Angry Birds 2 among infected - 12 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Songwriter criticizes low royalty payments from streaming services - 11 replies
- Security flaw in iOS 9 discovered, could expose photos, contacts - 11 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies