Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Reader: discrepancy by troubleshooting apps
Eric Woehler writes about an interesting discrepancy reported by various troubleshooting applications:
"Curious that the number of files reported on my mac varies with each application. I have a dual USB iBook, 256 MB, 10Gb, running OS 9.2.1 & OS X (10.0.4 at present). The Finder tells me there are 36340 files on my drive, File Buddy 6 says 30372, Norton Speed Disk 30195, Alsoft's Disk Warrior 72 734 (!) and Tattle Tech sees 30349 files. Would love to have someone explain just why these discrepancies in file counts exist and why the discrepancies are so large!"
Valley Fair Apple Store open, \"very busy\"
Confirming our report from last week, Scott Arthur notes that the Valley Fair Apple Store location (San Jose, CA) is "open even though the website says coming soon. I'm a cameraman for a local TV station, Ch.7, and I went to shoot Christmas shopping discovering the store open and very busy."
MicroCenter iMac bundle special offer
The Dallas Micro Center is offering a Holiday iMac Bundle for $1350 including tax, which includes an Indigo iMac G3 500 W/ CD-RW, Canon S450, 4-year Service Plan and "several other accessories." (This is a special Dallas-store only offer, however, mail/phone orders are being accepted.)
Demo of Digital Universe astronomy software
Readers posts Apple Store opening photos
textSOAP 3.1.2: shareware utility for text
unmarked software has posted textSOAP v3.1.2, an update to its text utility, which fixes problems under OS X and Mac OS 9. Upgrades to v3.0 are $10.
CDFinder 3.5: disk catalog tool updated
Norbert Doerner has released CDFinder 3.5, an update to his $25 shareware disk cataloging tool. Version 3.5 offers better support for OS X 10.1, long file names, iPod's hidden music folder, improved searches, and support for MP3 file info. [Classic, Carbon]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimately there's one thing we all want from smartphone accessories; we want options. When it comes to keeping our iPhone charged, w ...iHome iBT74 Color Changing Bluetooth Speaker
There's no reason why your tech can't look good while doing what it was designed to do. That's the reason that sports cars look goo ...Logitech Gaming Daedalus Prime Mouse
Logitech Gaming continues to expand upon its peripherals line, with each one looking to fit neatly into a breadth of gaming needs. Bui ...
10 Most Discussed
- Review: Apple Watch - 14 replies
- Apple retracts App Store games with Confederate flag imagery [u] - 14 replies
- Cue: Apple will pay royalties for three-month free Music trial - 11 replies
- Apple Music, iOS 8.4 update are on the air; servers hammered [u] - 11 replies
- Classic Mac OS System 7.5.5 made to run on Apple Watch - 9 replies
- Hands On: iOS 9 Preview for iPad Air 2 - 8 replies
- Apple updates OS X to 10.10.4; includes networking, Mail, Photos fixes - 7 replies
- MacNN Deals: Keep healthy and shop smarter with iOS gadgets - 6 replies
- Editorial: Mainstream press clickbait critical, Apple press annoyed - 6 replies
- Kenwood flagship CarPlay and Android Auto multimedia units shipping - 6 replies