Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Reader: discrepancy by troubleshooting apps
Eric Woehler writes about an interesting discrepancy reported by various troubleshooting applications:
"Curious that the number of files reported on my mac varies with each application. I have a dual USB iBook, 256 MB, 10Gb, running OS 9.2.1 & OS X (10.0.4 at present). The Finder tells me there are 36340 files on my drive, File Buddy 6 says 30372, Norton Speed Disk 30195, Alsoft's Disk Warrior 72 734 (!) and Tattle Tech sees 30349 files. Would love to have someone explain just why these discrepancies in file counts exist and why the discrepancies are so large!"
Valley Fair Apple Store open, \"very busy\"
Confirming our report from last week, Scott Arthur notes that the Valley Fair Apple Store location (San Jose, CA) is "open even though the website says coming soon. I'm a cameraman for a local TV station, Ch.7, and I went to shoot Christmas shopping discovering the store open and very busy."
MicroCenter iMac bundle special offer
The Dallas Micro Center is offering a Holiday iMac Bundle for $1350 including tax, which includes an Indigo iMac G3 500 W/ CD-RW, Canon S450, 4-year Service Plan and "several other accessories." (This is a special Dallas-store only offer, however, mail/phone orders are being accepted.)
Demo of Digital Universe astronomy software
Readers posts Apple Store opening photos
textSOAP 3.1.2: shareware utility for text
unmarked software has posted textSOAP v3.1.2, an update to its text utility, which fixes problems under OS X and Mac OS 9. Upgrades to v3.0 are $10.
CDFinder 3.5: disk catalog tool updated
Norbert Doerner has released CDFinder 3.5, an update to his $25 shareware disk cataloging tool. Version 3.5 offers better support for OS X 10.1, long file names, iPod's hidden music folder, improved searches, and support for MP3 file info. [Classic, Carbon]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 21 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Security flaw in iOS 9 discovered, could expose photos, contacts - 11 replies
- Songwriter criticizes low royalty payments from streaming services - 11 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies