Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Reader: discrepancy by troubleshooting apps
Eric Woehler writes about an interesting discrepancy reported by various troubleshooting applications:
"Curious that the number of files reported on my mac varies with each application. I have a dual USB iBook, 256 MB, 10Gb, running OS 9.2.1 & OS X (10.0.4 at present). The Finder tells me there are 36340 files on my drive, File Buddy 6 says 30372, Norton Speed Disk 30195, Alsoft's Disk Warrior 72 734 (!) and Tattle Tech sees 30349 files. Would love to have someone explain just why these discrepancies in file counts exist and why the discrepancies are so large!"
Valley Fair Apple Store open, \"very busy\"
Confirming our report from last week, Scott Arthur notes that the Valley Fair Apple Store location (San Jose, CA) is "open even though the website says coming soon. I'm a cameraman for a local TV station, Ch.7, and I went to shoot Christmas shopping discovering the store open and very busy."
MicroCenter iMac bundle special offer
The Dallas Micro Center is offering a Holiday iMac Bundle for $1350 including tax, which includes an Indigo iMac G3 500 W/ CD-RW, Canon S450, 4-year Service Plan and "several other accessories." (This is a special Dallas-store only offer, however, mail/phone orders are being accepted.)
Demo of Digital Universe astronomy software
Readers posts Apple Store opening photos
textSOAP 3.1.2: shareware utility for text
unmarked software has posted textSOAP v3.1.2, an update to its text utility, which fixes problems under OS X and Mac OS 9. Upgrades to v3.0 are $10.
CDFinder 3.5: disk catalog tool updated
Norbert Doerner has released CDFinder 3.5, an update to his $25 shareware disk cataloging tool. Version 3.5 offers better support for OS X 10.1, long file names, iPod's hidden music folder, improved searches, and support for MP3 file info. [Classic, Carbon]
￼The half moon design speaks about what to expect overall from the Pure Contour i1 Air Dock: it is a speaker that looks to blend int ...STM Studio for iPad Air
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- Qualcomm Gimbal Bluetooth beacons to compete with Apple's iBeacon - 6 replies