Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Standard for AirPort successor approved
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) has approved the 802.11g wireless networking standard, which offers transfer speeds of 54 Mbits/second, compared to 11 Mbits/second offered by the 802.11b standard used in Apple's AirPort. Intersil and Texas Instruments collaborated on the new standard, which will be backwards compatible with 802.11b.
Apple releases Macintosh Manager 2.1
Apple has released Macintosh Manager 2.1, an update to its workstation management application for securing Mac OS workstations and controlling software access. It installs a new version of AppleShare Client on both 68K and PowerPC machines.
As 802.11ac networking begins to makes its way into more and more devices, you may find yourself considering an upgrade for your home ...D-Link DIR-510L 802.11AC travel router
Having Internet access in hotels and other similar locations used to be a miasma of connectivity issues. If Wi-Fi was available, it wa ...Ooma Office small business VoIP
Voice over IP (VoIP) services have been around for a very long time. Only recently has the implementation become a bit more robust, al ...
10 Most Discussed
- Eich's Mozilla departure induces bilateral criticism, Firefox bans - 39 replies
- Samsung seized on death of Steve Jobs to launch anti-Apple ads - 15 replies
- Apple considers 'dramatic' revamping of iTunes Music Store - 14 replies
- Brendan Eich steps down at Mozilla Foundation, no successor named - 13 replies
- Email from Jobs in 2010 lays out future vision - 13 replies
- Critical OpenSSL 'HeartBleed' bug uncovered, affects HTTPS encryption - 11 replies
- Images: Apple takes wraps off stunning new Istanbul store - 10 replies
- Rumor: Apple considering entry into high-definition music? [u] - 9 replies
- Apple opens first store in Turkey to hoopla, press, long lineups - 9 replies
- Campaign calls for ouster of Condoleezza Rice from Dropbox board - 8 replies