Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Jobs delivers first batch of 23,000 iBooks
Apple CEO Steve Jobs attended the Henrico County, Virginia school convocation on Friday, according to a report in the Richmond Times-Dispatch. Jobs gave a speech to teachers, students and administrators at the Landmark Theatre, where he also delivered the first batch of 23,000 iBooks the school district there has leased from Apple. In his address, Jobs said he came to underscore the district's decision, and that he "wants every other district in this country to copy it." Henrico Schools Superintendent Mark Edwards also indicated in the report that the county is already considering expanding the iBook lease to include elementary students.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Hands On: Twitter 3.1.0 (OS X) - 6 replies