Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Jobs delivers first batch of 23,000 iBooks
Apple CEO Steve Jobs attended the Henrico County, Virginia school convocation on Friday, according to a report in the Richmond Times-Dispatch. Jobs gave a speech to teachers, students and administrators at the Landmark Theatre, where he also delivered the first batch of 23,000 iBooks the school district there has leased from Apple. In his address, Jobs said he came to underscore the district's decision, and that he "wants every other district in this country to copy it." Henrico Schools Superintendent Mark Edwards also indicated in the report that the county is already considering expanding the iBook lease to include elementary students.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies
- Study: Apple Watch having material impact on health of users - 6 replies