Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
John Carmack comments on Mac
MacNN reader Eric Cherry notes some interesting comments from John Carmack, lead developer at id Software, about the Macintosh platform: "It has been pretty clearly demonstrated that the mac market is barely viable and the linux market is not viable for game developers to pursue. Linux ports will be done out of good will, not profit motives. From an economic standpoint, a developer is not making a bad call if they ignore the existence of all platforms but windows." However, Carmack adds that he is still targeting both the Mac OS and Linux.
Mac OS X support from Mustek coming
Mustek is planning on implementing support for Mac OS X across its line of scanners, according to dialogue between MacNN reader Jake Fowler and Bill C., product specialist at Mustek. "We do eventually plan support for this operating but we do not know as of this time when that will occur. "
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Review: Alsoft DiskWarrior 5.0 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Appeals court: NSA metadata collection exceeds scope of Patriot Act - 16 replies
- Opinion: Where is my Apple Watch? - 12 replies
- Researcher: MacKeeper software has critical security flaw - 11 replies
- First Look: Microsoft Surface 3 - 8 replies
- Oculus outlines Rift PC requirements, stops OS X, Linux development - 8 replies
- Apple, Leica working to resolve bug that could corrupt Photos library - 6 replies
- Microsoft reveals six versions of Windows 10 inbound this summer - 6 replies
- Verizon, Sprint agree to pay $158M settlement with FCC over 'cramming' - 5 replies
- Review: FileMaker Pro 14 (OS X, iOS, Windows) - 5 replies