Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
John Carmack comments on Mac
MacNN reader Eric Cherry notes some interesting comments from John Carmack, lead developer at id Software, about the Macintosh platform: "It has been pretty clearly demonstrated that the mac market is barely viable and the linux market is not viable for game developers to pursue. Linux ports will be done out of good will, not profit motives. From an economic standpoint, a developer is not making a bad call if they ignore the existence of all platforms but windows." However, Carmack adds that he is still targeting both the Mac OS and Linux.
Mac OS X support from Mustek coming
Mustek is planning on implementing support for Mac OS X across its line of scanners, according to dialogue between MacNN reader Jake Fowler and Bill C., product specialist at Mustek. "We do eventually plan support for this operating but we do not know as of this time when that will occur. "
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 22 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Apple increasing employment in Ireland, creating 1,000 more jobs - 15 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- F.lux developers pull sideloaded app following Apple's complaint - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Tim Cook addresses retail, commences 'inclusion training' company-wide - 7 replies
- First Look: Apple iPad Pro - 7 replies