Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
We've published a review of OmniGraffle, the Cocoa-built diagramming, layout and planning application that takes full advantage of Mac OS X.
mPeople 1.1 gets updated interface
mPeople 1.1 is a personal contact management tool that allows secured access and the ability to import from databases. The new version sports an updated interface, new contact information functions and several bug fixes. The Carbonized app is both OS 9 and OS X compatible.
Apple discontinuing KidSafe
Apple is apparently discontinuing the KidSafe component of iTools. A message posted to the iTools Web site says "We regret that we are discontinuing the KidSafe service due to low customer usage. Please follow the instructions below to quickly and easily remove KidSafe from your computer system. It will only take a few minutes."
Cornerstone intros 17.4 inch LCD
Cornerstone Peripherals has announced immediate availability of its new fl200 17.4 inch LCD display, which sports a .27 mm pixel pitch, 5-year standard warranty, and two USB ports. The fl200 is priced at $859.
Apple ranked fourth in retail sales
NPD Intelect reports that Apple was the number 4 retail computer maker in June, with 4.9 percent of sales for the month. The top seller was Hewlett Packard, with Compaq and Emachines rounding out the top three. The figures do not include direct sales, excluding manufacturers like Dell and Gateway.
Apple having trouble opening store in TN
MacNN reader Norm Phillips points us to an article at GoMephis.com which states that Apple is having some trouble opening a retail store in Germantown, TN because the city does not allow illuminated signs displaying food (i.e. the Apple logo). "They were pretty far out (of compliance) and didn't have the authority to make changes," said Wade Morgan, Germantown chief planner.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 47 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Gartner: Apple rises, Samsung drops in worldwide phone share - 6 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies