Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
We've published a review of OmniGraffle, the Cocoa-built diagramming, layout and planning application that takes full advantage of Mac OS X.
mPeople 1.1 gets updated interface
mPeople 1.1 is a personal contact management tool that allows secured access and the ability to import from databases. The new version sports an updated interface, new contact information functions and several bug fixes. The Carbonized app is both OS 9 and OS X compatible.
Apple discontinuing KidSafe
Apple is apparently discontinuing the KidSafe component of iTools. A message posted to the iTools Web site says "We regret that we are discontinuing the KidSafe service due to low customer usage. Please follow the instructions below to quickly and easily remove KidSafe from your computer system. It will only take a few minutes."
Cornerstone intros 17.4 inch LCD
Cornerstone Peripherals has announced immediate availability of its new fl200 17.4 inch LCD display, which sports a .27 mm pixel pitch, 5-year standard warranty, and two USB ports. The fl200 is priced at $859.
Apple ranked fourth in retail sales
NPD Intelect reports that Apple was the number 4 retail computer maker in June, with 4.9 percent of sales for the month. The top seller was Hewlett Packard, with Compaq and Emachines rounding out the top three. The figures do not include direct sales, excluding manufacturers like Dell and Gateway.
Apple having trouble opening store in TN
MacNN reader Norm Phillips points us to an article at GoMephis.com which states that Apple is having some trouble opening a retail store in Germantown, TN because the city does not allow illuminated signs displaying food (i.e. the Apple logo). "They were pretty far out (of compliance) and didn't have the authority to make changes," said Wade Morgan, Germantown chief planner.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Pono struggling to expand due to lack of resources, no new CEO - 6 replies