Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
We've published a review of OmniGraffle, the Cocoa-built diagramming, layout and planning application that takes full advantage of Mac OS X.
mPeople 1.1 gets updated interface
mPeople 1.1 is a personal contact management tool that allows secured access and the ability to import from databases. The new version sports an updated interface, new contact information functions and several bug fixes. The Carbonized app is both OS 9 and OS X compatible.
Apple discontinuing KidSafe
Apple is apparently discontinuing the KidSafe component of iTools. A message posted to the iTools Web site says "We regret that we are discontinuing the KidSafe service due to low customer usage. Please follow the instructions below to quickly and easily remove KidSafe from your computer system. It will only take a few minutes."
Cornerstone intros 17.4 inch LCD
Cornerstone Peripherals has announced immediate availability of its new fl200 17.4 inch LCD display, which sports a .27 mm pixel pitch, 5-year standard warranty, and two USB ports. The fl200 is priced at $859.
Apple ranked fourth in retail sales
NPD Intelect reports that Apple was the number 4 retail computer maker in June, with 4.9 percent of sales for the month. The top seller was Hewlett Packard, with Compaq and Emachines rounding out the top three. The figures do not include direct sales, excluding manufacturers like Dell and Gateway.
Apple having trouble opening store in TN
MacNN reader Norm Phillips points us to an article at GoMephis.com which states that Apple is having some trouble opening a retail store in Germantown, TN because the city does not allow illuminated signs displaying food (i.e. the Apple logo). "They were pretty far out (of compliance) and didn't have the authority to make changes," said Wade Morgan, Germantown chief planner.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 8 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies