Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
OS 9.2 coming on August\'s Dev CD
MacNN reader Don Laur notes that Apple's Developer Connection Web site says August's developer CD will include "a bootable System Software disc containing Mac OS 9.2." OS 9.2 is currently only available on the new systems Apple released at the Macworld Expo in New York. The CD will also pack the latest version of MPW, and QuickTime Java 5.0.1 SDKs.
iBook tries to overcome Wintel presence
An article in the Chronicle of Higher Education says that despite the popularity of Apple's iBook in the education market, the company is still having a hard time overcoming the Wintel presence. "Dell has put a serious hurt onto everyone else," said the director of a college in Florida, whose 2-year schools have partnered with Dell.
OS X Hotline Server released
Finlay Dobbie has developed HXD for OS X 1.0, a native port of the free Hotline server. It includes a graphical interface and an installer application, and a panel for System Preferences.
OS X Roundup: Snapz Pro, Hotline, Edirol
osx.macnn.com reports on a new Carbonized release of Ambrosia Software's Snapz Pro screen capture utility, a ported Hotline server for Mac OS X, and Edirol's development of OS X drivers for its line of audio production tools.
Edirol developing OS X drivers
Edirol, a manufacturer of numerous audio production tools, is currently in the process of developing Mac OS X drivers. "Drivers for all of our Edirol/Roland products are in the final stages of development and on the cusp of release," said Catherine Carey, a representative for Edirol.
WebSiteCompressor 2.3.0 released
Snapz Pro comes to Mac OS X
Ambrosia Software has released Snapz Pro for Mac OS X, the first Carbonized release of the company's screen capture utility. Snapz supports saving screen images as .bmp, .pict, .gif, .jpg, .png, .tiff, .pdf, or Photoshop files, and can record the action as a QuickTime movie. The new release takes advantage of OS X with an Aqua interface, long file names, automatic preview icons on image files, and Unicode/international support. It also sports AltiVec optimization.
Microsoft ships Windows XP final candidate
Microsoft is today shipping the final candidate release of Windows XP, which will compete with Apple's revised OS X 10.1 release when it is launched this Fall. However, Microsoft still may have some legal hurdles to overcome before shipping its next-generation operating system.
Looking for a pair of headphones that can do everything a user requires is a task that can take some study. Trying to decide on in-ear ...MaxUpgrades 512GB Retina MacBook Pro SSD
Apple's Retina line of MacBook Pro notebooks have been impressive, right from their debut in 2012. Thinner than the previous model, t ...Lemur BlueDriver
"Oh no, the check engine light is on…again! What one of the hundreds of reasons could it be this time? Probably going to cost a for ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Senator Ted Cruz off the mark with net neutrality comments - 15 replies
- Apple pursuing 'aggressive expansion' in enterprise market - 15 replies
- Spotify paid over $2B in royalties, CEO responds to Taylor Swift - 12 replies
- Some Safari users experiencing severe YouTube playback problems - 12 replies
- FCC chairman rejects President's call for Title II ISP regulation - 11 replies
- First Look: Apple iMac with 5K Retina Display - 10 replies
- AT&T could shelve gigabit fiber investments over net neutrality rules - 10 replies
- Apple must face lawsuit over iMessage's lost texts, says Judge Koh - 10 replies
- President Obama voices support for Title II reclassification of ISPs - 9 replies
- Upp hydrogen fuel cell available in Apple Stores in United Kingdom - 7 replies