Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Cumulus 5.0.10 update
Cumulus 5.0.10, Canto's media asset management solution software, has been updated with "further file formats, reads even more metadata and offers improved performance and stability," such as integrated MPEG-2 and MP3 support. Canto has also updated Cumulus 5 Vault Option, its workflow management software, to offer "considerable performance improvements and extended administrator adjustments."
TCP Deux v1.0.0b03 released
TCP Deux v1.0.0b03, Deep Sky Technologies' 4D component which provides cross-platform TCP wrappers for different 4D TCP plugins, has been updated to a new beta to offer numerous improvements.
SMTP Deux v1.0.0b03 released
SMTP Deux v1.0.0b03, Deep Sky Technologies' 4th Dimension component that sits atop TCP Deux 4D and provides a complete implementation of the SMTP protocol, has been updated in a new public beta version to offer full support for SMTP AUTH, as well as other improvements.
ECW Compression gets Mac support
Earth Resource Mapping has announced Macintosh support for the ECW image compression format with its new Mac-compatible ECW Software Development Kit (SDK), available free of charge. The company claims its technology is capable of 100:1 multiband compression, and can handle gigabyte-sized images.
Bare Bones debuts Super Get Info
Bare Bones Software, creators of the popular BBEdit text editing tool, has debuted its latest utility Super Get Info. The Mac OS X add-on allows users to perform the following functions through the "Show Info" command in Apple's next-gen OS: View and edit the Mac OS type and creator codes for a given file; View and edit the Unix owner, group, and permission settings for files and folders; Modify a file's creation and modification dates; and others. The commercial utility is priced at $20, and a 14-day trial is available for download.
Flix Flash tool comes to the Mac
Wildform Software has introduced Flix for Mac, the first Macintosh application that encodes video into Macromedia's Flash format. Flix encoded Flash media is viewable on virtually all platforms. The previously Windows-only tool is available immediately for $99.
There are a lot of cloud services out there, and nearly all of them can be used for backing up key files and folders. A few dedicated ...Plantronics BackBeat Pro Bluetooth headphones
Looking for a pair of headphones that can do everything a user requires is a task that can take some study. Trying to decide on in-ear ...MaxUpgrades 512GB Retina MacBook Pro SSD
Apple's Retina line of MacBook Pro notebooks have been impressive, right from their debut in 2012. Thinner than the previous model, t ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Senator Ted Cruz off the mark with net neutrality comments - 15 replies
- Some Safari users experiencing severe YouTube playback problems - 12 replies
- FCC chairman rejects President's call for Title II ISP regulation - 11 replies
- First Look: Apple iMac with 5K Retina Display - 10 replies
- AT&T could shelve gigabit fiber investments over net neutrality rules - 10 replies
- Watchmakers issue cease-and-desists to smartwatch face creators - 9 replies
- Xiaomi looking to overtake Apple, Samsung in the next 10 years - 9 replies
- Apple responds, points out flaws in AAA study of 'distracting' Siri - 8 replies
- Upp hydrogen fuel cell available in Apple Stores in United Kingdom - 7 replies
- Amazon and Hachette battle ends amicably with e-book sales deal - 6 replies