Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Cumulus 5.0.10 update
Cumulus 5.0.10, Canto's media asset management solution software, has been updated with "further file formats, reads even more metadata and offers improved performance and stability," such as integrated MPEG-2 and MP3 support. Canto has also updated Cumulus 5 Vault Option, its workflow management software, to offer "considerable performance improvements and extended administrator adjustments."
TCP Deux v1.0.0b03 released
TCP Deux v1.0.0b03, Deep Sky Technologies' 4D component which provides cross-platform TCP wrappers for different 4D TCP plugins, has been updated to a new beta to offer numerous improvements.
SMTP Deux v1.0.0b03 released
SMTP Deux v1.0.0b03, Deep Sky Technologies' 4th Dimension component that sits atop TCP Deux 4D and provides a complete implementation of the SMTP protocol, has been updated in a new public beta version to offer full support for SMTP AUTH, as well as other improvements.
ECW Compression gets Mac support
Earth Resource Mapping has announced Macintosh support for the ECW image compression format with its new Mac-compatible ECW Software Development Kit (SDK), available free of charge. The company claims its technology is capable of 100:1 multiband compression, and can handle gigabyte-sized images.
Bare Bones debuts Super Get Info
Bare Bones Software, creators of the popular BBEdit text editing tool, has debuted its latest utility Super Get Info. The Mac OS X add-on allows users to perform the following functions through the "Show Info" command in Apple's next-gen OS: View and edit the Mac OS type and creator codes for a given file; View and edit the Unix owner, group, and permission settings for files and folders; Modify a file's creation and modification dates; and others. The commercial utility is priced at $20, and a 14-day trial is available for download.
Flix Flash tool comes to the Mac
Wildform Software has introduced Flix for Mac, the first Macintosh application that encodes video into Macromedia's Flash format. Flix encoded Flash media is viewable on virtually all platforms. The previously Windows-only tool is available immediately for $99.
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...StarTech Thunderbolt Docking Station
Like USB before it, Thunderbolt is taking a path to ubiquity. Originally included on Apple's MacBook Pro series, the new interface te ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Netflix forges agreement with Comcast to end video speed throttling - 14 replies
- Opinion: How will Apple maintain usability on a larger iPhone? - 14 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Report: Mac users 4x more 'engaged' than Windows users - 12 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies