Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Cumulus 5.0.10 update
Cumulus 5.0.10, Canto's media asset management solution software, has been updated with "further file formats, reads even more metadata and offers improved performance and stability," such as integrated MPEG-2 and MP3 support. Canto has also updated Cumulus 5 Vault Option, its workflow management software, to offer "considerable performance improvements and extended administrator adjustments."
TCP Deux v1.0.0b03 released
TCP Deux v1.0.0b03, Deep Sky Technologies' 4D component which provides cross-platform TCP wrappers for different 4D TCP plugins, has been updated to a new beta to offer numerous improvements.
SMTP Deux v1.0.0b03 released
SMTP Deux v1.0.0b03, Deep Sky Technologies' 4th Dimension component that sits atop TCP Deux 4D and provides a complete implementation of the SMTP protocol, has been updated in a new public beta version to offer full support for SMTP AUTH, as well as other improvements.
ECW Compression gets Mac support
Earth Resource Mapping has announced Macintosh support for the ECW image compression format with its new Mac-compatible ECW Software Development Kit (SDK), available free of charge. The company claims its technology is capable of 100:1 multiband compression, and can handle gigabyte-sized images.
Bare Bones debuts Super Get Info
Bare Bones Software, creators of the popular BBEdit text editing tool, has debuted its latest utility Super Get Info. The Mac OS X add-on allows users to perform the following functions through the "Show Info" command in Apple's next-gen OS: View and edit the Mac OS type and creator codes for a given file; View and edit the Unix owner, group, and permission settings for files and folders; Modify a file's creation and modification dates; and others. The commercial utility is priced at $20, and a 14-day trial is available for download.
Flix Flash tool comes to the Mac
Wildform Software has introduced Flix for Mac, the first Macintosh application that encodes video into Macromedia's Flash format. Flix encoded Flash media is viewable on virtually all platforms. The previously Windows-only tool is available immediately for $99.
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3500 projector
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 25 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- Apple tipsters claim Apple electric minivan in the works - 12 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 11 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 10 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- Hands On: Records 1.0 (OS X) - 8 replies
- Apple reportedly launching wide public beta of iOS 8.3 in May - 7 replies
- Apple investing $1.9 billion in two new European data centers - 7 replies