Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Cumulus 5.0.10 update
Cumulus 5.0.10, Canto's media asset management solution software, has been updated with "further file formats, reads even more metadata and offers improved performance and stability," such as integrated MPEG-2 and MP3 support. Canto has also updated Cumulus 5 Vault Option, its workflow management software, to offer "considerable performance improvements and extended administrator adjustments."
TCP Deux v1.0.0b03 released
TCP Deux v1.0.0b03, Deep Sky Technologies' 4D component which provides cross-platform TCP wrappers for different 4D TCP plugins, has been updated to a new beta to offer numerous improvements.
SMTP Deux v1.0.0b03 released
SMTP Deux v1.0.0b03, Deep Sky Technologies' 4th Dimension component that sits atop TCP Deux 4D and provides a complete implementation of the SMTP protocol, has been updated in a new public beta version to offer full support for SMTP AUTH, as well as other improvements.
ECW Compression gets Mac support
Earth Resource Mapping has announced Macintosh support for the ECW image compression format with its new Mac-compatible ECW Software Development Kit (SDK), available free of charge. The company claims its technology is capable of 100:1 multiband compression, and can handle gigabyte-sized images.
Bare Bones debuts Super Get Info
Bare Bones Software, creators of the popular BBEdit text editing tool, has debuted its latest utility Super Get Info. The Mac OS X add-on allows users to perform the following functions through the "Show Info" command in Apple's next-gen OS: View and edit the Mac OS type and creator codes for a given file; View and edit the Unix owner, group, and permission settings for files and folders; Modify a file's creation and modification dates; and others. The commercial utility is priced at $20, and a 14-day trial is available for download.
Flix Flash tool comes to the Mac
Wildform Software has introduced Flix for Mac, the first Macintosh application that encodes video into Macromedia's Flash format. Flix encoded Flash media is viewable on virtually all platforms. The previously Windows-only tool is available immediately for $99.
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...Plantronics Rig Surround 7.1 headset
Trying to capture the true soundscape of video games can be a daunting task. Looking to surround-sound home theater options, users hav ...
10 Most Discussed
- CVS throws in with Rite Aid, blocks Apple Pay and Google Wallet - 22 replies
- Apple responds to CVS, Rite Aid blocking Apple Pay - 17 replies
- CurrentC payment system customer emails stolen - 14 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the new $499 Mac mini - 13 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite formally released - 12 replies
- Amex web page promotes Apple Pay, adds directions for linking cards - 12 replies
- 'One more thing' from Apple: Mac mini refresh - 11 replies
- Microsoft smartwatch touted for launch within weeks, sale soon after - 11 replies