Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Roundup: Cube on Ice, Server 10.0.4
Apple yesterday announced that it will suspend Cube production indefinitely. Other important notes included Apple's Mac OS X Server 10.0.4 update, its Macintosh Manager 2.0.2 update, and MacGIMP's shipping. Other software releases included Fink 0.2.2 and AOL for Mac OS X 10a.
Playsound FM plug-in updated
Playsound Plug-in, 24U's FileMaker Pro plug-in for adding sound to FM Pro documents, has been updated to v1.0.1 for Mac OS X compatibility.
Happy 4th of July!
We'd like to wish a safe and happy holiday to our U.S. readers celebrating Independence Day. Happy 4th of July!
Tomb Raider:Chronicles demo available
Aspyr has made a demo of its new Tomb Raider: Chronicles adventure game available on apple.com.
Boycott Advance 2.0 released
Boycott Advance, a Carbon Gameboy Advance emulator for Mac OS and Mac OS X, has been updated to v0.20. The update offers numerous compatibility and speed improvements. [direct download link unavailable]
Apple launches MWNY campaign in NYC
A MacNN reader reports that Apple has started to post new advertisements in the New York City Metro area that have the famous "I (red heart) NY" signs, while Apple's version replaces the red heart with a red Apple logo. Text below the image reads "Macworld [bullet] Javits Center [bullet] July 17-20."
Applimac Clean Text 2.0 released
Clean Text 2.0, Applimac's (formerly OneApp Software) text utility that "eliminates all text formatting, preparing it for pasting and performs other useful functions," has been updated to 2.0 for System 7 through Mac OS X to add a Convert to Smart Quotes feature. [Classic, Carbon]
MacDesktops weekly wrap-up
Over the past week, MacDesktops has posted 14 new pictures, including iTunism 18 (Art), OmniSwirl (Logos, Mac OS), Tundra (Art), and and Cozumel Fish (Fauna).
Voodoo Server 1.3.1 released
Voodoo Server 1.3.1, Uni Software Plus' version control system for developers using Metrowerks' CodeWarrior under OS 9 and OS X, has been updated to 1.3.1 and offers numerous bug fixes and improved compatibility under Mac OS X.
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...DoxieGo Portable Scanner
Sometimes, people need to scan things, but having a computer at hand to do so isn't exactly feasible. Maybe it's the home of a relat ...
10 Most Discussed
- LA schools' iPad program flawed from beginning, federal report says - 28 replies
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 18 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- President Obama calls for overturning anti-municipal broadband laws - 16 replies
- Obama sides with UK PM, calls for law enforcement-crackable encryption - 12 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 12 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- Adobe updates Flash again due to critical security flaw - 9 replies
- Principal filming on Universal Jobs biopic now underway - 8 replies
- Follow-up: new anti-poaching lawsuit settlement offer $415 million - 7 replies