Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Roundup: Cube on Ice, Server 10.0.4
Apple yesterday announced that it will suspend Cube production indefinitely. Other important notes included Apple's Mac OS X Server 10.0.4 update, its Macintosh Manager 2.0.2 update, and MacGIMP's shipping. Other software releases included Fink 0.2.2 and AOL for Mac OS X 10a.
Playsound FM plug-in updated
Playsound Plug-in, 24U's FileMaker Pro plug-in for adding sound to FM Pro documents, has been updated to v1.0.1 for Mac OS X compatibility.
Happy 4th of July!
We'd like to wish a safe and happy holiday to our U.S. readers celebrating Independence Day. Happy 4th of July!
Tomb Raider:Chronicles demo available
Aspyr has made a demo of its new Tomb Raider: Chronicles adventure game available on apple.com.
Boycott Advance 2.0 released
Boycott Advance, a Carbon Gameboy Advance emulator for Mac OS and Mac OS X, has been updated to v0.20. The update offers numerous compatibility and speed improvements. [direct download link unavailable]
Apple launches MWNY campaign in NYC
A MacNN reader reports that Apple has started to post new advertisements in the New York City Metro area that have the famous "I (red heart) NY" signs, while Apple's version replaces the red heart with a red Apple logo. Text below the image reads "Macworld [bullet] Javits Center [bullet] July 17-20."
Applimac Clean Text 2.0 released
Clean Text 2.0, Applimac's (formerly OneApp Software) text utility that "eliminates all text formatting, preparing it for pasting and performs other useful functions," has been updated to 2.0 for System 7 through Mac OS X to add a Convert to Smart Quotes feature. [Classic, Carbon]
MacDesktops weekly wrap-up
Over the past week, MacDesktops has posted 14 new pictures, including iTunism 18 (Art), OmniSwirl (Logos, Mac OS), Tundra (Art), and and Cozumel Fish (Fauna).
Voodoo Server 1.3.1 released
Voodoo Server 1.3.1, Uni Software Plus' version control system for developers using Metrowerks' CodeWarrior under OS 9 and OS X, has been updated to 1.3.1 and offers numerous bug fixes and improved compatibility under Mac OS X.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies