Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Roundup: Cube on Ice, Server 10.0.4
Apple yesterday announced that it will suspend Cube production indefinitely. Other important notes included Apple's Mac OS X Server 10.0.4 update, its Macintosh Manager 2.0.2 update, and MacGIMP's shipping. Other software releases included Fink 0.2.2 and AOL for Mac OS X 10a.
Playsound FM plug-in updated
Playsound Plug-in, 24U's FileMaker Pro plug-in for adding sound to FM Pro documents, has been updated to v1.0.1 for Mac OS X compatibility.
Happy 4th of July!
We'd like to wish a safe and happy holiday to our U.S. readers celebrating Independence Day. Happy 4th of July!
Tomb Raider:Chronicles demo available
Aspyr has made a demo of its new Tomb Raider: Chronicles adventure game available on apple.com.
Boycott Advance 2.0 released
Boycott Advance, a Carbon Gameboy Advance emulator for Mac OS and Mac OS X, has been updated to v0.20. The update offers numerous compatibility and speed improvements. [direct download link unavailable]
Apple launches MWNY campaign in NYC
A MacNN reader reports that Apple has started to post new advertisements in the New York City Metro area that have the famous "I (red heart) NY" signs, while Apple's version replaces the red heart with a red Apple logo. Text below the image reads "Macworld [bullet] Javits Center [bullet] July 17-20."
Applimac Clean Text 2.0 released
Clean Text 2.0, Applimac's (formerly OneApp Software) text utility that "eliminates all text formatting, preparing it for pasting and performs other useful functions," has been updated to 2.0 for System 7 through Mac OS X to add a Convert to Smart Quotes feature. [Classic, Carbon]
MacDesktops weekly wrap-up
Over the past week, MacDesktops has posted 14 new pictures, including iTunism 18 (Art), OmniSwirl (Logos, Mac OS), Tundra (Art), and and Cozumel Fish (Fauna).
Voodoo Server 1.3.1 released
Voodoo Server 1.3.1, Uni Software Plus' version control system for developers using Metrowerks' CodeWarrior under OS 9 and OS X, has been updated to 1.3.1 and offers numerous bug fixes and improved compatibility under Mac OS X.
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...OmniPlan (OS X, iOS)
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3500 projector
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 11 replies
- New Jersey man hospitalized by exploded iPhone 5c battery - 10 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Hands On: Records 1.0 (OS X) - 8 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- Samsung Pay electronic payment system deployed in Galaxy S6, S6 edge - 8 replies
- Apple reportedly launching wide public beta of iOS 8.3 in May - 7 replies