Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Roundup: Cube on Ice, Server 10.0.4
Apple yesterday announced that it will suspend Cube production indefinitely. Other important notes included Apple's Mac OS X Server 10.0.4 update, its Macintosh Manager 2.0.2 update, and MacGIMP's shipping. Other software releases included Fink 0.2.2 and AOL for Mac OS X 10a.
Playsound FM plug-in updated
Playsound Plug-in, 24U's FileMaker Pro plug-in for adding sound to FM Pro documents, has been updated to v1.0.1 for Mac OS X compatibility.
Happy 4th of July!
We'd like to wish a safe and happy holiday to our U.S. readers celebrating Independence Day. Happy 4th of July!
Tomb Raider:Chronicles demo available
Aspyr has made a demo of its new Tomb Raider: Chronicles adventure game available on apple.com.
Boycott Advance 2.0 released
Boycott Advance, a Carbon Gameboy Advance emulator for Mac OS and Mac OS X, has been updated to v0.20. The update offers numerous compatibility and speed improvements. [direct download link unavailable]
Apple launches MWNY campaign in NYC
A MacNN reader reports that Apple has started to post new advertisements in the New York City Metro area that have the famous "I (red heart) NY" signs, while Apple's version replaces the red heart with a red Apple logo. Text below the image reads "Macworld [bullet] Javits Center [bullet] July 17-20."
Applimac Clean Text 2.0 released
Clean Text 2.0, Applimac's (formerly OneApp Software) text utility that "eliminates all text formatting, preparing it for pasting and performs other useful functions," has been updated to 2.0 for System 7 through Mac OS X to add a Convert to Smart Quotes feature. [Classic, Carbon]
MacDesktops weekly wrap-up
Over the past week, MacDesktops has posted 14 new pictures, including iTunism 18 (Art), OmniSwirl (Logos, Mac OS), Tundra (Art), and and Cozumel Fish (Fauna).
Voodoo Server 1.3.1 released
Voodoo Server 1.3.1, Uni Software Plus' version control system for developers using Metrowerks' CodeWarrior under OS 9 and OS X, has been updated to 1.3.1 and offers numerous bug fixes and improved compatibility under Mac OS X.
Bluetooth speakers aren't only for listening to some music at the park or on a long bus ride, but can also be built with tablets in m ...Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 2030 projector
With high-definition televisions now the standard, 4K televisions becoming the next big thing, and plasma TVs going the way of the din ...Life n Soul 8 Driver Bluetooth headphones
When it comes to music on the go, consumers generally have some options to consider when looking for the best experience. While Blueto ...
10 Most Discussed
- Oregon Apple Store 'slur' incident being investigated - 31 replies
- US cybersecurity chief claims lack of experience not important to job - 16 replies
- Quicken 2015 for Mac brings new features, strips others - 11 replies
- Apple releases second public OS X Yosemite beta, new iTunes 12 test - 8 replies
- Schematics suggest iPhone 6 may come in 16, 64, and 128GB models - 8 replies
- Claim: Apple's iMessage accounts for 30 percent of all mobile spam - 8 replies
- Digital credit card replacement Coin calls for 10,000 more testers - 7 replies
- Apple shareholder suit accuses Cook, Jobs, others of misconduct - 7 replies
- Rumor: iPhone 6 may support 150Mbps LTE-A - 7 replies
- Security guards protest low wages, block Apple San Francisco store - 7 replies