Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Roundup: Cube on Ice, Server 10.0.4
Apple yesterday announced that it will suspend Cube production indefinitely. Other important notes included Apple's Mac OS X Server 10.0.4 update, its Macintosh Manager 2.0.2 update, and MacGIMP's shipping. Other software releases included Fink 0.2.2 and AOL for Mac OS X 10a.
Playsound FM plug-in updated
Playsound Plug-in, 24U's FileMaker Pro plug-in for adding sound to FM Pro documents, has been updated to v1.0.1 for Mac OS X compatibility.
Happy 4th of July!
We'd like to wish a safe and happy holiday to our U.S. readers celebrating Independence Day. Happy 4th of July!
Tomb Raider:Chronicles demo available
Aspyr has made a demo of its new Tomb Raider: Chronicles adventure game available on apple.com.
Boycott Advance 2.0 released
Boycott Advance, a Carbon Gameboy Advance emulator for Mac OS and Mac OS X, has been updated to v0.20. The update offers numerous compatibility and speed improvements. [direct download link unavailable]
Apple launches MWNY campaign in NYC
A MacNN reader reports that Apple has started to post new advertisements in the New York City Metro area that have the famous "I (red heart) NY" signs, while Apple's version replaces the red heart with a red Apple logo. Text below the image reads "Macworld [bullet] Javits Center [bullet] July 17-20."
Applimac Clean Text 2.0 released
Clean Text 2.0, Applimac's (formerly OneApp Software) text utility that "eliminates all text formatting, preparing it for pasting and performs other useful functions," has been updated to 2.0 for System 7 through Mac OS X to add a Convert to Smart Quotes feature. [Classic, Carbon]
MacDesktops weekly wrap-up
Over the past week, MacDesktops has posted 14 new pictures, including iTunism 18 (Art), OmniSwirl (Logos, Mac OS), Tundra (Art), and and Cozumel Fish (Fauna).
Voodoo Server 1.3.1 released
Voodoo Server 1.3.1, Uni Software Plus' version control system for developers using Metrowerks' CodeWarrior under OS 9 and OS X, has been updated to 1.3.1 and offers numerous bug fixes and improved compatibility under Mac OS X.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies