Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
National IFT Expo features Macs on show floor
A MacNN reader wrote in to let us know about the widespread appearance of Macs at the recent National Institute of Food Technologists Expo in New Orleans, Louisiana:
It's an annual event that draws tens of thousands of people annually, and I've been attending for years. This is the first year, however, I've seen so many companies making use of Macs at their booths. There were dozens of Macs prominently displayed by many major food companies - iMacs, iBooks, and Powerbooks. Good to see so many large companies using Macs publicly.
MacTrivia.com opens with Sudden Death contest
MacTrivia.com, the "largest collection of Macintosh-only questions," has officially opened. Among the site's features is the MacTrivia Sudden Death, which offers an instant prize each week to the first person to record a perfect score after 9:00 AM ET on Monday morning. Each person can only enter once per 24 hour period; fraudulent activity will result in disqualification.
PrefsOverload 3.0b1: Manage preferences
Angelo Scicolone has released PrefsOverload 3.0b1, a "full-featured tool for managing the Preferences Folder." Version 3.0b1 adds the ability to perform searches for damaged preference files, support for non-standard preference folders (such as Mac OS X preferences), multithreaded scan processes, and more.
Usa.net ends free email services
A MacNN reader notes that USA.Net is discontinuing its free email services; effective July 31, 2001, the site will offer e-mail services for $30 per year. The site feels that advertising revenues are not enough to support free e-mail any longer.
Blizzard tweaks Diablo II expansion set
Blizzard Entertainment recently installed a server-side patch for Diablo II: Lord of Destruction that made a number of changes to online gameplay on Battle.net, including increased quality of item drops from monsters and the deletion of invalid items. In addition, a small Mac-only 1.08b patch is downloaded and installed upon logging in to Battle.net that fixes a crashing bug when using Rune combinations.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies
- Study: Apple Watch having material impact on health of users - 6 replies