Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
National IFT Expo features Macs on show floor
A MacNN reader wrote in to let us know about the widespread appearance of Macs at the recent National Institute of Food Technologists Expo in New Orleans, Louisiana:
It's an annual event that draws tens of thousands of people annually, and I've been attending for years. This is the first year, however, I've seen so many companies making use of Macs at their booths. There were dozens of Macs prominently displayed by many major food companies - iMacs, iBooks, and Powerbooks. Good to see so many large companies using Macs publicly.
MacTrivia.com opens with Sudden Death contest
MacTrivia.com, the "largest collection of Macintosh-only questions," has officially opened. Among the site's features is the MacTrivia Sudden Death, which offers an instant prize each week to the first person to record a perfect score after 9:00 AM ET on Monday morning. Each person can only enter once per 24 hour period; fraudulent activity will result in disqualification.
PrefsOverload 3.0b1: Manage preferences
Angelo Scicolone has released PrefsOverload 3.0b1, a "full-featured tool for managing the Preferences Folder." Version 3.0b1 adds the ability to perform searches for damaged preference files, support for non-standard preference folders (such as Mac OS X preferences), multithreaded scan processes, and more.
Usa.net ends free email services
A MacNN reader notes that USA.Net is discontinuing its free email services; effective July 31, 2001, the site will offer e-mail services for $30 per year. The site feels that advertising revenues are not enough to support free e-mail any longer.
Blizzard tweaks Diablo II expansion set
Blizzard Entertainment recently installed a server-side patch for Diablo II: Lord of Destruction that made a number of changes to online gameplay on Battle.net, including increased quality of item drops from monsters and the deletion of invalid items. In addition, a small Mac-only 1.08b patch is downloaded and installed upon logging in to Battle.net that fixes a crashing bug when using Rune combinations.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 30 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- European Parliament vote approves draft law for single phone charger - 13 replies
- Apple debuts special page for iOS 7.1 release - 11 replies
- Neil Young-backed PonoPlayer hits target within 24 hours - 11 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Office for Mac to get new version this year, says Microsoft exec - 9 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies