Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
National IFT Expo features Macs on show floor
A MacNN reader wrote in to let us know about the widespread appearance of Macs at the recent National Institute of Food Technologists Expo in New Orleans, Louisiana:
It's an annual event that draws tens of thousands of people annually, and I've been attending for years. This is the first year, however, I've seen so many companies making use of Macs at their booths. There were dozens of Macs prominently displayed by many major food companies - iMacs, iBooks, and Powerbooks. Good to see so many large companies using Macs publicly.
MacTrivia.com opens with Sudden Death contest
MacTrivia.com, the "largest collection of Macintosh-only questions," has officially opened. Among the site's features is the MacTrivia Sudden Death, which offers an instant prize each week to the first person to record a perfect score after 9:00 AM ET on Monday morning. Each person can only enter once per 24 hour period; fraudulent activity will result in disqualification.
PrefsOverload 3.0b1: Manage preferences
Angelo Scicolone has released PrefsOverload 3.0b1, a "full-featured tool for managing the Preferences Folder." Version 3.0b1 adds the ability to perform searches for damaged preference files, support for non-standard preference folders (such as Mac OS X preferences), multithreaded scan processes, and more.
Usa.net ends free email services
A MacNN reader notes that USA.Net is discontinuing its free email services; effective July 31, 2001, the site will offer e-mail services for $30 per year. The site feels that advertising revenues are not enough to support free e-mail any longer.
Blizzard tweaks Diablo II expansion set
Blizzard Entertainment recently installed a server-side patch for Diablo II: Lord of Destruction that made a number of changes to online gameplay on Battle.net, including increased quality of item drops from monsters and the deletion of invalid items. In addition, a small Mac-only 1.08b patch is downloaded and installed upon logging in to Battle.net that fixes a crashing bug when using Rune combinations.
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...Plantronics Rig Surround 7.1 headset
Trying to capture the true soundscape of video games can be a daunting task. Looking to surround-sound home theater options, users hav ...
10 Most Discussed
- U2 frontman Bono apologizes for auto downloads of 'Songs of Innocence' - 13 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite formally released - 12 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- Microsoft smartwatch touted for launch within weeks, sale soon after - 11 replies
- 'One more thing' from Apple: Mac mini refresh - 11 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies
- Apple unveils new Retina iMac, featuring 5K display - 9 replies
- Kmart suffers huge breach, all shoppers since September likely victims - 9 replies
- Finnish Prime Minister partly blames Apple for economic troubles - 9 replies