Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
National IFT Expo features Macs on show floor
A MacNN reader wrote in to let us know about the widespread appearance of Macs at the recent National Institute of Food Technologists Expo in New Orleans, Louisiana:
It's an annual event that draws tens of thousands of people annually, and I've been attending for years. This is the first year, however, I've seen so many companies making use of Macs at their booths. There were dozens of Macs prominently displayed by many major food companies - iMacs, iBooks, and Powerbooks. Good to see so many large companies using Macs publicly.
MacTrivia.com opens with Sudden Death contest
MacTrivia.com, the "largest collection of Macintosh-only questions," has officially opened. Among the site's features is the MacTrivia Sudden Death, which offers an instant prize each week to the first person to record a perfect score after 9:00 AM ET on Monday morning. Each person can only enter once per 24 hour period; fraudulent activity will result in disqualification.
PrefsOverload 3.0b1: Manage preferences
Angelo Scicolone has released PrefsOverload 3.0b1, a "full-featured tool for managing the Preferences Folder." Version 3.0b1 adds the ability to perform searches for damaged preference files, support for non-standard preference folders (such as Mac OS X preferences), multithreaded scan processes, and more.
Usa.net ends free email services
A MacNN reader notes that USA.Net is discontinuing its free email services; effective July 31, 2001, the site will offer e-mail services for $30 per year. The site feels that advertising revenues are not enough to support free e-mail any longer.
Blizzard tweaks Diablo II expansion set
Blizzard Entertainment recently installed a server-side patch for Diablo II: Lord of Destruction that made a number of changes to online gameplay on Battle.net, including increased quality of item drops from monsters and the deletion of invalid items. In addition, a small Mac-only 1.08b patch is downloaded and installed upon logging in to Battle.net that fixes a crashing bug when using Rune combinations.
Backup batteries and device chargers are objects that many users take for granted. They often only one-dimensional in functionality, r ...ActvContent Sync Smartband
Smartbands of all sorts are hitting the market. Some build on the buzz around fitness trackers, while others offer simpler features fo ...RocketStor 6324L Thunderbolt 2 eSATA bridge
Like it or not, the shift to Thunderbolt is underway. The connection is extremely flexible, allowing for video and data to co-habitate ...
10 Most Discussed
- Some users complain of iPhone 6 Plus bending in pockets - 23 replies
- Video shows two kids deliberately bending iPhones at Apple Store - 20 replies
- Wozniak on the iPhone 6: 'I've gotten rid of my Android phones' - 15 replies
- Person responsible for iOS 8.0.1 debacle also linked to iOS 6 Maps - 14 replies
- FBI Director Comey worried Apple, Google encryption 'above the law' - 12 replies
- Apple releases fix for 'Shellshock' Unix flaw - 12 replies
- Prescheduled social media posts from Joan Rivers promote iPhone 6 - 11 replies
- Apple Watch will be able to control Apple TV, says Cook - 11 replies
- Fixed iOS 8.0.2 now live; bent iPhone 6 Pluses may get replaced [u] - 11 replies
- Fifth Avenue iPhone 6 line spans 12 blocks; 6 Plus in low US supply - 10 replies