Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
National IFT Expo features Macs on show floor
A MacNN reader wrote in to let us know about the widespread appearance of Macs at the recent National Institute of Food Technologists Expo in New Orleans, Louisiana:
It's an annual event that draws tens of thousands of people annually, and I've been attending for years. This is the first year, however, I've seen so many companies making use of Macs at their booths. There were dozens of Macs prominently displayed by many major food companies - iMacs, iBooks, and Powerbooks. Good to see so many large companies using Macs publicly.
MacTrivia.com opens with Sudden Death contest
MacTrivia.com, the "largest collection of Macintosh-only questions," has officially opened. Among the site's features is the MacTrivia Sudden Death, which offers an instant prize each week to the first person to record a perfect score after 9:00 AM ET on Monday morning. Each person can only enter once per 24 hour period; fraudulent activity will result in disqualification.
PrefsOverload 3.0b1: Manage preferences
Angelo Scicolone has released PrefsOverload 3.0b1, a "full-featured tool for managing the Preferences Folder." Version 3.0b1 adds the ability to perform searches for damaged preference files, support for non-standard preference folders (such as Mac OS X preferences), multithreaded scan processes, and more.
Usa.net ends free email services
A MacNN reader notes that USA.Net is discontinuing its free email services; effective July 31, 2001, the site will offer e-mail services for $30 per year. The site feels that advertising revenues are not enough to support free e-mail any longer.
Blizzard tweaks Diablo II expansion set
Blizzard Entertainment recently installed a server-side patch for Diablo II: Lord of Destruction that made a number of changes to online gameplay on Battle.net, including increased quality of item drops from monsters and the deletion of invalid items. In addition, a small Mac-only 1.08b patch is downloaded and installed upon logging in to Battle.net that fixes a crashing bug when using Rune combinations.
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...Snugg Robust Case for iPad Air
Snugg's Distressed Brown Leather Case was something of a pleasant surprise when I reviewed it last year. I didn't expect much at fi ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- One-off (Product) RED Mac Pro fetches $977,000 at auction - 13 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Adobe drags feet on notifying data theft victims, millions at risk - 9 replies
- Nokia pokes Apple's iPad Air with derisive new ads for Lumia 2520 - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- WD Black 2 Dual Drive combines SSD, HDD into non-hybrid format - 6 replies