Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iBook advertising in Australia
After reading our recent report on Apple's advertising for its new iBook in London, a MacNN reader from Australia notes that similar advertising is being shown in the land down under: "...just about every bus stop in inner-city Sydney currently also features the 'Your Life To Go' posters. Apple Australia has been doing much more of this outdoor advertising in the last 12 months, including entire light rail trams covered in iMacs and called 'The Internet Express'."
Ambrosia announces Snapz Pro X
Ambrosia Software has announced Snapz Pro X, a Mac OS X native version of its popular screen capture software. "We're not just porting it," says Ambrosia el Presidente Andrew Welch, "we're rewriting the entire product from the ground up to take advantage of MacOS X's unique features."
GNU-Darwin progress report
The GNU-Darwin Distribution has succeeded in building some 2000 packages from the FreeBSD Ports Collection, as well as a number of other (e.g., GNU and science-related) programs. A CD-based snapshot (The Darwin Collection) is available.
NotePod 1.0: Note organizer
Rick Johnson has released NotePod 1.0, a Carbonized note organizer that allows users to drag text from emails and other documents into a hierarchical Finder-like list. Notes can be assigned repeating dates and times with pop-up reminders, and can be marked as action items to function as a to-do list. [Classic: 710 KB; Carbon: 805 KB]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimately there's one thing we all want from smartphone accessories; we want options. When it comes to keeping our iPhone charged, w ...iHome iBT74 Color Changing Bluetooth Speaker
There's no reason why your tech can't look good while doing what it was designed to do. That's the reason that sports cars look goo ...Logitech Gaming Daedalus Prime Mouse
Logitech Gaming continues to expand upon its peripherals line, with each one looking to fit neatly into a breadth of gaming needs. Bui ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple Music launch cripples Home Sharing, alters iTunes Match - 17 replies
- Apple retracts App Store games with Confederate flag imagery [u] - 14 replies
- Cue: Apple will pay royalties for three-month free Music trial - 11 replies
- Apple Music, iOS 8.4 update are on the air; servers hammered [u] - 11 replies
- Classic Mac OS System 7.5.5 made to run on Apple Watch - 10 replies
- Universal issues first full 'Steve Jobs' movie trailer - 9 replies
- Hands On: iOS 9 Preview for iPad Air 2 - 8 replies
- Apple updates OS X to 10.10.4; includes networking, Mail, Photos fixes - 8 replies
- Hands On: iTunes 12.2.0 (OS X) - 7 replies
- Editorial: Pardon? You don't like Apple Music? - 7 replies