Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iBook advertising in Australia
After reading our recent report on Apple's advertising for its new iBook in London, a MacNN reader from Australia notes that similar advertising is being shown in the land down under: "...just about every bus stop in inner-city Sydney currently also features the 'Your Life To Go' posters. Apple Australia has been doing much more of this outdoor advertising in the last 12 months, including entire light rail trams covered in iMacs and called 'The Internet Express'."
Ambrosia announces Snapz Pro X
Ambrosia Software has announced Snapz Pro X, a Mac OS X native version of its popular screen capture software. "We're not just porting it," says Ambrosia el Presidente Andrew Welch, "we're rewriting the entire product from the ground up to take advantage of MacOS X's unique features."
GNU-Darwin progress report
The GNU-Darwin Distribution has succeeded in building some 2000 packages from the FreeBSD Ports Collection, as well as a number of other (e.g., GNU and science-related) programs. A CD-based snapshot (The Darwin Collection) is available.
NotePod 1.0: Note organizer
Rick Johnson has released NotePod 1.0, a Carbonized note organizer that allows users to drag text from emails and other documents into a hierarchical Finder-like list. Notes can be assigned repeating dates and times with pop-up reminders, and can be marked as action items to function as a to-do list. [Classic: 710 KB; Carbon: 805 KB]
Five years ago, we thought that by the end of 2013 there'd be a bigger market for e-book readers. Then, along came the tablet that Jo ...Sans Digital TowerRAID TR8M6G eSATA array
Regardless of what Cupertino would like us to believe with the new cylindrical Mac Pro, there are needs for vast amounts of hard-drive ...iHome Bluetooth iB75 Wireless Sports Earphone
Finding a good pair of headphones for a midnight jog is hard. An over the ear set is either flopping around on your head, falling off, ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple signals end of Snow Leopard support with Safari snub? - 19 replies
- European Parliament to vote on single smartphone charger law - 16 replies
- New Android ioPhone mimics Apple's iPhone 5c style - 15 replies
- Rumor: Microsoft to take on iPad mini with 1080p Surface mini - 13 replies
- Apple debuts 90-second holiday TV ad, 'Misunderstood' - 10 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 10 replies
- Report: Apple's 64-bit A7 chip 'stunned' the chipmaking industry - 10 replies
- Apple's Tim Cook accepts award at Auburn, pushes for equality - 7 replies
- Southwest Airlines offers $2 in-flight iMessages, Android coming - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies