Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iBook advertising in Australia
After reading our recent report on Apple's advertising for its new iBook in London, a MacNN reader from Australia notes that similar advertising is being shown in the land down under: "...just about every bus stop in inner-city Sydney currently also features the 'Your Life To Go' posters. Apple Australia has been doing much more of this outdoor advertising in the last 12 months, including entire light rail trams covered in iMacs and called 'The Internet Express'."
Ambrosia announces Snapz Pro X
Ambrosia Software has announced Snapz Pro X, a Mac OS X native version of its popular screen capture software. "We're not just porting it," says Ambrosia el Presidente Andrew Welch, "we're rewriting the entire product from the ground up to take advantage of MacOS X's unique features."
GNU-Darwin progress report
The GNU-Darwin Distribution has succeeded in building some 2000 packages from the FreeBSD Ports Collection, as well as a number of other (e.g., GNU and science-related) programs. A CD-based snapshot (The Darwin Collection) is available.
NotePod 1.0: Note organizer
Rick Johnson has released NotePod 1.0, a Carbonized note organizer that allows users to drag text from emails and other documents into a hierarchical Finder-like list. Notes can be assigned repeating dates and times with pop-up reminders, and can be marked as action items to function as a to-do list. [Classic: 710 KB; Carbon: 805 KB]
All headphones are not created equally, especially when it comes to use during vigorous activities or workouts. Over-the-ear headphone ...Bracketron Power Flex external battery
When we're traveling or just generally out and about, we've taken to bringing a tablet and Bluetooth keyboard with us, rather than a ...Brother HL-3140CW Color Laser Printer
It's inevitable, at some point somebody needs a hardcopy of a document. Paper never runs out of battery charge, after all. Our Mom, j ...
10 Most Discussed
- The Feature Thief: Apple taketh away, sometimes giveth back - 22 replies
- First Look: All-new 12-inch Apple MacBook - 18 replies
- Backup Utility Smackdown (OS X) - 17 replies
- Retina 12-inch MacBook teardowns reveal low repairability - 9 replies
- Google cuts YouTube support for older Apple TV, Google TV, iOS devices - 9 replies
- Pointers: don't forward your OS X Mail, redirect it - 8 replies
- Researcher: OS X 'Rootpipe' attack fix not reliable, attacks possible - 8 replies
- Living With and Without: Time Machine - 7 replies
- New Apple Watch bands revealed by Ive, Newson at Milan showcase - 7 replies
- Hands On: Sue Doku 2.0.0 (iOS) - 6 replies