Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iBook advertising in Australia
After reading our recent report on Apple's advertising for its new iBook in London, a MacNN reader from Australia notes that similar advertising is being shown in the land down under: "...just about every bus stop in inner-city Sydney currently also features the 'Your Life To Go' posters. Apple Australia has been doing much more of this outdoor advertising in the last 12 months, including entire light rail trams covered in iMacs and called 'The Internet Express'."
Ambrosia announces Snapz Pro X
Ambrosia Software has announced Snapz Pro X, a Mac OS X native version of its popular screen capture software. "We're not just porting it," says Ambrosia el Presidente Andrew Welch, "we're rewriting the entire product from the ground up to take advantage of MacOS X's unique features."
GNU-Darwin progress report
The GNU-Darwin Distribution has succeeded in building some 2000 packages from the FreeBSD Ports Collection, as well as a number of other (e.g., GNU and science-related) programs. A CD-based snapshot (The Darwin Collection) is available.
NotePod 1.0: Note organizer
Rick Johnson has released NotePod 1.0, a Carbonized note organizer that allows users to drag text from emails and other documents into a hierarchical Finder-like list. Notes can be assigned repeating dates and times with pop-up reminders, and can be marked as action items to function as a to-do list. [Classic: 710 KB; Carbon: 805 KB]
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Netflix forges agreement with Comcast to end video speed throttling - 14 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies