Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iBook advertising in Australia
After reading our recent report on Apple's advertising for its new iBook in London, a MacNN reader from Australia notes that similar advertising is being shown in the land down under: "...just about every bus stop in inner-city Sydney currently also features the 'Your Life To Go' posters. Apple Australia has been doing much more of this outdoor advertising in the last 12 months, including entire light rail trams covered in iMacs and called 'The Internet Express'."
Ambrosia announces Snapz Pro X
Ambrosia Software has announced Snapz Pro X, a Mac OS X native version of its popular screen capture software. "We're not just porting it," says Ambrosia el Presidente Andrew Welch, "we're rewriting the entire product from the ground up to take advantage of MacOS X's unique features."
GNU-Darwin progress report
The GNU-Darwin Distribution has succeeded in building some 2000 packages from the FreeBSD Ports Collection, as well as a number of other (e.g., GNU and science-related) programs. A CD-based snapshot (The Darwin Collection) is available.
NotePod 1.0: Note organizer
Rick Johnson has released NotePod 1.0, a Carbonized note organizer that allows users to drag text from emails and other documents into a hierarchical Finder-like list. Notes can be assigned repeating dates and times with pop-up reminders, and can be marked as action items to function as a to-do list. [Classic: 710 KB; Carbon: 805 KB]
The list of gaming devices is growing larger with each passing day. A large number of companies have entered the gaming input arena, a ...Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS
Every computer with a microphone or headphone port has one -- a digital to analog converter (DAC). There are nearly as many chipsets a ...D-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug
Home automation fans have been getting their fair share of gadgets and accessories in the last few years. Starting with light bulbs, a ...
10 Most Discussed
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 19 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Apple now blocking older Flash Player plug-ins, citing security flaw - 9 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies