Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
WebPics 2.2.5 for creating Web galleries
WebPics 2.2.5, now available as both Classic and Carbon application, is a $16 utility that allows you to easily build web page galleries from your digital pictures, create thumbnails, captions, and other customizable options. [Classic, Carbon]
BBC plans alternate video content
Following an inquiry from a reader about providing QuickTime-based content, BBC online's says that it has plans to post some of the site's video content in QuickTime and other formats:
"Thanks for your feedback. We chose the RealPlayer format because a free player is available for a greater number of hardware platforms and operating systems than any other. However, because of the number of requests we get for media in other formats, and because we are constantly reviewing our policies, we intend later this year to publish media for various different players."
ListSTAR 2.2 has new subscription licensing
MCF Software's ListSTAR 2.2, an update to its customizable list server and e-mail manager software, offering the ability to add a subject prefix and message footers as well as a new subscription software licensing scheme ($70 per year).
Pixel Mountain Desktop Pictures posted
Pixel Mountain Desktop Pictures has eight new pictures, now individually downloadable in several different screen sizes.
PowerMail 3.09v2 adds database rebuild option
CTM Development has released an update to its $50 flagship e-mail application, PowerMail 3.09v2. The update brings a new, low-level database rebuild mechanism, a built-in help viewer under OS X, and a new French-localized version as well as several bug fixes. [Classic, Carbon]
Looking for a pair of headphones that can do everything a user requires is a task that can take some study. Trying to decide on in-ear ...MaxUpgrades 512GB Retina MacBook Pro SSD
Apple's Retina line of MacBook Pro notebooks have been impressive, right from their debut in 2012. Thinner than the previous model, t ...Lemur BlueDriver
"Oh no, the check engine light is on…again! What one of the hundreds of reasons could it be this time? Probably going to cost a for ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple pursuing 'aggressive expansion' in enterprise market - 15 replies
- Opinion: Senator Ted Cruz off the mark with net neutrality comments - 15 replies
- Spotify paid over $2B in royalties, CEO responds to Taylor Swift - 12 replies
- FCC chairman rejects President's call for Title II ISP regulation - 11 replies
- First Look: Apple iMac with 5K Retina Display - 10 replies
- Apple must face lawsuit over iMessage's lost texts, says Judge Koh - 10 replies
- AT&T could shelve gigabit fiber investments over net neutrality rules - 10 replies
- Judge approves $450M e-book settlement between Apple, states [u] - 9 replies
- Exclusive Analysis: iOS app storage limits across range of devices - 9 replies
- President Obama voices support for Title II reclassification of ISPs - 9 replies