Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
WebPics 2.2.5 for creating Web galleries
WebPics 2.2.5, now available as both Classic and Carbon application, is a $16 utility that allows you to easily build web page galleries from your digital pictures, create thumbnails, captions, and other customizable options. [Classic, Carbon]
BBC plans alternate video content
Following an inquiry from a reader about providing QuickTime-based content, BBC online's says that it has plans to post some of the site's video content in QuickTime and other formats:
"Thanks for your feedback. We chose the RealPlayer format because a free player is available for a greater number of hardware platforms and operating systems than any other. However, because of the number of requests we get for media in other formats, and because we are constantly reviewing our policies, we intend later this year to publish media for various different players."
ListSTAR 2.2 has new subscription licensing
MCF Software's ListSTAR 2.2, an update to its customizable list server and e-mail manager software, offering the ability to add a subject prefix and message footers as well as a new subscription software licensing scheme ($70 per year).
Pixel Mountain Desktop Pictures posted
Pixel Mountain Desktop Pictures has eight new pictures, now individually downloadable in several different screen sizes.
PowerMail 3.09v2 adds database rebuild option
CTM Development has released an update to its $50 flagship e-mail application, PowerMail 3.09v2. The update brings a new, low-level database rebuild mechanism, a built-in help viewer under OS X, and a new French-localized version as well as several bug fixes. [Classic, Carbon]
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 12 replies
- FCC petitioned by hotels to allow disrupting guest-created hotspots - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- Obama: Sony hack not act of war; Anonymous promises attacks on NK - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Obama wants stronger cyber-security laws in 2015 - 7 replies
- Apple to charge VAT per-country at European App Stores - 6 replies
- CalDigit reveals $200 Thunderbolt Station 2 - 6 replies
- Apple rejects conclusions of BBC expose showing supply chain abuses - 6 replies