Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
WebPics 2.2.5 for creating Web galleries
WebPics 2.2.5, now available as both Classic and Carbon application, is a $16 utility that allows you to easily build web page galleries from your digital pictures, create thumbnails, captions, and other customizable options. [Classic, Carbon]
BBC plans alternate video content
Following an inquiry from a reader about providing QuickTime-based content, BBC online's says that it has plans to post some of the site's video content in QuickTime and other formats:
"Thanks for your feedback. We chose the RealPlayer format because a free player is available for a greater number of hardware platforms and operating systems than any other. However, because of the number of requests we get for media in other formats, and because we are constantly reviewing our policies, we intend later this year to publish media for various different players."
ListSTAR 2.2 has new subscription licensing
MCF Software's ListSTAR 2.2, an update to its customizable list server and e-mail manager software, offering the ability to add a subject prefix and message footers as well as a new subscription software licensing scheme ($70 per year).
Pixel Mountain Desktop Pictures posted
Pixel Mountain Desktop Pictures has eight new pictures, now individually downloadable in several different screen sizes.
PowerMail 3.09v2 adds database rebuild option
CTM Development has released an update to its $50 flagship e-mail application, PowerMail 3.09v2. The update brings a new, low-level database rebuild mechanism, a built-in help viewer under OS X, and a new French-localized version as well as several bug fixes. [Classic, Carbon]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies