Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Douglas Adams, AppleMaster, dies at 49
Douglas Adams, AppleMaster and creator of the Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy and four sequels along with numerous other books, died Friday at the age of 49.
Snak 4.6.3: IRC client for Classic, OS X
Snak 4.6.3, a new version of the IRC client for Classic and Mac OS X, includes a fix for a crash if a DCC chat window was closed by the other end while Snak was in the background, corrects a problem with text formatting, and prevents windows from being opened outside the visible area. [1.1 MB -- Classic; 1.0 MB -- Carbon]
ExpireIt 1.0b1 helps fight spam
ExpireIt 1.0b1 is the initial Mac public beta release of the Classic and Mac OS X application for creating randomly generated valid email addresses, which forward directly to your normal account, for controlling spam and other forms of unwanted email. Users can then choose to expire a random email address when parties begin sending unwanted mail. [442 KB -- Classic; 521 KB -- Carbon]
Convert 1.2.7: Conversion utility
Fifth Wave has released Convert 1.2.7, a new version of its $15 conversion utility for the Mac. Version 1.2.7 adds a number of improvements, including a Pressure unit, as well as numerous precision enhancements.
dincTYPE releases Hotrod font
dincTYPE, which is temporarily closed for its redesign, has released a new free font, "Hotrod", which will have a full character set and become a commercial font following the completion of the redesign.
Monica, Hefty FTP Carbonized
Black Diamond Software has released Carbonized versions of both Monica, its queue based file download utility, and Hefty FTP, its queue based FTP client. In addition, the company has released 13 free utility programs for Mac OS X.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies