Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
AppleWorks 6.1.2 updater changes app launch
Andreas Kyriacou notes the the recent AppleWorks 6.1.2 International Update caused the application to launch in the Classic environment: "After the update of my German language AppleWorks to the most recent 6.1.2 release I realized that it has been degraded to a classic app. According to feedback on the Apple discussion groups this is true for all international versions, even UK English. This is a disappointing step back."
SFX Machine 1.5: more precision, G4 support
The Sound Guy has released SFX Machine 1.5, a Premiere-format audio effects plug-in that is now optimized for the G4 processor. The plugin offers the ability to create your own effects, choose from over 400 presets, create new sounds with the Randomizer module, and also includes a modular synthesis engine. It works with Peak, Peak LE, Deck, Vision, Premiere, Digital Performer, Logic Audio, Metro, and TurboMorph. A demo is available online.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies