Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple offers Mobile Newsroom Solution Bundle
From now until June 30, 2001 Apple is offering a "Mobile Newsroom Solution Bundle" that includes a PowerBook G4 (500 MHz), AirPort card and base station, Canon GL-1 Digital Video Camcorder, and Final Cut Pro 2 for $7,200, or a $200 savings versus purchasing the items individually from the Apple Store.
Apple eying Minneapolis for retail store
A Star Tribune article states that Apple is considering opening a retail store in Minneapolis some time in the future. AppleInsider also recently reported that Apple was eying the Twin Cities as a possible location.
New BIAS Peak 2.5.5 updater
BIAS has posted a Peak 2.55 updater, replacing an older version of the updater made available earlier this week.
Cookie Dog 1.1 adds AppleScript support
Cookie Dog 1.1 adds AppleScript support to the $5 shareware utility for managing and deleting Internet Explorer cookies.
ButtonBuilder 1.8.1 adds additional templates
ButtonBuilder 1.8.1 is an update to the $10 shareware application for creating buttons for Web sites, multimedia projects, and more. The new version adds additional button templates, bringing the total to more than eighty, as well as an improved interface. [Carbon - 1.9 MB]
Utility recovers RAM lost to firmware update
DIMMFirstAid, from the creator of DIMMCheck, allows users to recover the RAM whose Macs stopped recognizing it after applying the latest firmware update. [server overloaded]
Audiocorder 3.0b1: record audio under OS X
Audiocorder 3.0b1 is a beta version of Black Cat Systems' sophisticated audio recording application that now runs under OS X. The shareware can function like a VOX recorder with an adjustable volume trigger. [Classic, Carbon--562KB]
MacGimp details running GIMP 1.2 under OS X
MacGimp.org has information on compiling and running GIMP 1.2, the popular open-source graphics application for Linux, under Mac OS X.
PrintToPDF 2.2.2: shareware PDF driver
PrintToPDF 2.2.2 brings better handling of QuickTime-compressed pictures and more standard default options to the $20 shareware printer driver for creating PDF files.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 22 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Editorial: Apple's iOS purchase-history purge disrespects users - 8 replies
- Elon Musk calls Apple the 'Tesla Graveyard' for former employees - 8 replies
- New Magic Keyboard, Trackpad, and Mouse revealed in OS X 10.11.1 code - 8 replies