Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple offers Mobile Newsroom Solution Bundle
From now until June 30, 2001 Apple is offering a "Mobile Newsroom Solution Bundle" that includes a PowerBook G4 (500 MHz), AirPort card and base station, Canon GL-1 Digital Video Camcorder, and Final Cut Pro 2 for $7,200, or a $200 savings versus purchasing the items individually from the Apple Store.
Apple eying Minneapolis for retail store
A Star Tribune article states that Apple is considering opening a retail store in Minneapolis some time in the future. AppleInsider also recently reported that Apple was eying the Twin Cities as a possible location.
New BIAS Peak 2.5.5 updater
BIAS has posted a Peak 2.55 updater, replacing an older version of the updater made available earlier this week.
Cookie Dog 1.1 adds AppleScript support
Cookie Dog 1.1 adds AppleScript support to the $5 shareware utility for managing and deleting Internet Explorer cookies.
ButtonBuilder 1.8.1 adds additional templates
ButtonBuilder 1.8.1 is an update to the $10 shareware application for creating buttons for Web sites, multimedia projects, and more. The new version adds additional button templates, bringing the total to more than eighty, as well as an improved interface. [Carbon - 1.9 MB]
Utility recovers RAM lost to firmware update
DIMMFirstAid, from the creator of DIMMCheck, allows users to recover the RAM whose Macs stopped recognizing it after applying the latest firmware update. [server overloaded]
Audiocorder 3.0b1: record audio under OS X
Audiocorder 3.0b1 is a beta version of Black Cat Systems' sophisticated audio recording application that now runs under OS X. The shareware can function like a VOX recorder with an adjustable volume trigger. [Classic, Carbon--562KB]
MacGimp details running GIMP 1.2 under OS X
MacGimp.org has information on compiling and running GIMP 1.2, the popular open-source graphics application for Linux, under Mac OS X.
PrintToPDF 2.2.2: shareware PDF driver
PrintToPDF 2.2.2 brings better handling of QuickTime-compressed pictures and more standard default options to the $20 shareware printer driver for creating PDF files.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Pono struggling to expand due to lack of resources, no new CEO - 6 replies