Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple offers Mobile Newsroom Solution Bundle
From now until June 30, 2001 Apple is offering a "Mobile Newsroom Solution Bundle" that includes a PowerBook G4 (500 MHz), AirPort card and base station, Canon GL-1 Digital Video Camcorder, and Final Cut Pro 2 for $7,200, or a $200 savings versus purchasing the items individually from the Apple Store.
Apple eying Minneapolis for retail store
A Star Tribune article states that Apple is considering opening a retail store in Minneapolis some time in the future. AppleInsider also recently reported that Apple was eying the Twin Cities as a possible location.
New BIAS Peak 2.5.5 updater
BIAS has posted a Peak 2.55 updater, replacing an older version of the updater made available earlier this week.
Cookie Dog 1.1 adds AppleScript support
Cookie Dog 1.1 adds AppleScript support to the $5 shareware utility for managing and deleting Internet Explorer cookies.
ButtonBuilder 1.8.1 adds additional templates
ButtonBuilder 1.8.1 is an update to the $10 shareware application for creating buttons for Web sites, multimedia projects, and more. The new version adds additional button templates, bringing the total to more than eighty, as well as an improved interface. [Carbon - 1.9 MB]
Utility recovers RAM lost to firmware update
DIMMFirstAid, from the creator of DIMMCheck, allows users to recover the RAM whose Macs stopped recognizing it after applying the latest firmware update. [server overloaded]
Audiocorder 3.0b1: record audio under OS X
Audiocorder 3.0b1 is a beta version of Black Cat Systems' sophisticated audio recording application that now runs under OS X. The shareware can function like a VOX recorder with an adjustable volume trigger. [Classic, Carbon--562KB]
MacGimp details running GIMP 1.2 under OS X
MacGimp.org has information on compiling and running GIMP 1.2, the popular open-source graphics application for Linux, under Mac OS X.
PrintToPDF 2.2.2: shareware PDF driver
PrintToPDF 2.2.2 brings better handling of QuickTime-compressed pictures and more standard default options to the $20 shareware printer driver for creating PDF files.
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3500 projector
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- Apple tipsters claim Apple electric minivan in the works - 12 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 10 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Hands On: Records 1.0 (OS X) - 8 replies
- FCC net neutrality vote today, last minute changes made to proposal - 7 replies
- Apple reportedly launching wide public beta of iOS 8.3 in May - 7 replies