Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple offers Mobile Newsroom Solution Bundle
From now until June 30, 2001 Apple is offering a "Mobile Newsroom Solution Bundle" that includes a PowerBook G4 (500 MHz), AirPort card and base station, Canon GL-1 Digital Video Camcorder, and Final Cut Pro 2 for $7,200, or a $200 savings versus purchasing the items individually from the Apple Store.
Apple eying Minneapolis for retail store
A Star Tribune article states that Apple is considering opening a retail store in Minneapolis some time in the future. AppleInsider also recently reported that Apple was eying the Twin Cities as a possible location.
New BIAS Peak 2.5.5 updater
BIAS has posted a Peak 2.55 updater, replacing an older version of the updater made available earlier this week.
Cookie Dog 1.1 adds AppleScript support
Cookie Dog 1.1 adds AppleScript support to the $5 shareware utility for managing and deleting Internet Explorer cookies.
ButtonBuilder 1.8.1 adds additional templates
ButtonBuilder 1.8.1 is an update to the $10 shareware application for creating buttons for Web sites, multimedia projects, and more. The new version adds additional button templates, bringing the total to more than eighty, as well as an improved interface. [Carbon - 1.9 MB]
Utility recovers RAM lost to firmware update
DIMMFirstAid, from the creator of DIMMCheck, allows users to recover the RAM whose Macs stopped recognizing it after applying the latest firmware update. [server overloaded]
Audiocorder 3.0b1: record audio under OS X
Audiocorder 3.0b1 is a beta version of Black Cat Systems' sophisticated audio recording application that now runs under OS X. The shareware can function like a VOX recorder with an adjustable volume trigger. [Classic, Carbon--562KB]
MacGimp details running GIMP 1.2 under OS X
MacGimp.org has information on compiling and running GIMP 1.2, the popular open-source graphics application for Linux, under Mac OS X.
PrintToPDF 2.2.2: shareware PDF driver
PrintToPDF 2.2.2 brings better handling of QuickTime-compressed pictures and more standard default options to the $20 shareware printer driver for creating PDF files.
The shift from typing on physical keyboards to digital versions on smartphones and tablets hasn't been an easy for many consumers. Fr ...Polk Audio 4 Shot headset
Sound quality and design are two of the biggest areas of focus for manufacturers when coming up with a new gaming headset. Depending o ...Patriot Supersonic Phoenix USB 3.0 drive
USB thumb drives aren't the end all solutions for data transfer and traveling needs. Sometimes people want something with a little mo ...
10 Most Discussed
- U2 frontman Bono apologizes for auto downloads of 'Songs of Innocence' - 13 replies
- Apple confirms October 16 press event - 12 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite formally released - 12 replies
- 'One more thing' from Apple: Mac mini refresh - 11 replies
- Adoption of iOS 8 stalled at 47 percent, new Apple tracking data shows - 11 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies
- T-Mobile CEO John Legere laughs at iPhone 6 bending controversy - 11 replies
- AAA ranks Siri as extreme distraction for drivers - 11 replies
- Photos allegedly show assembled second-gen iPad Air model - 10 replies