Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple offers Mobile Newsroom Solution Bundle
From now until June 30, 2001 Apple is offering a "Mobile Newsroom Solution Bundle" that includes a PowerBook G4 (500 MHz), AirPort card and base station, Canon GL-1 Digital Video Camcorder, and Final Cut Pro 2 for $7,200, or a $200 savings versus purchasing the items individually from the Apple Store.
Apple eying Minneapolis for retail store
A Star Tribune article states that Apple is considering opening a retail store in Minneapolis some time in the future. AppleInsider also recently reported that Apple was eying the Twin Cities as a possible location.
New BIAS Peak 2.5.5 updater
BIAS has posted a Peak 2.55 updater, replacing an older version of the updater made available earlier this week.
Cookie Dog 1.1 adds AppleScript support
Cookie Dog 1.1 adds AppleScript support to the $5 shareware utility for managing and deleting Internet Explorer cookies.
ButtonBuilder 1.8.1 adds additional templates
ButtonBuilder 1.8.1 is an update to the $10 shareware application for creating buttons for Web sites, multimedia projects, and more. The new version adds additional button templates, bringing the total to more than eighty, as well as an improved interface. [Carbon - 1.9 MB]
Utility recovers RAM lost to firmware update
DIMMFirstAid, from the creator of DIMMCheck, allows users to recover the RAM whose Macs stopped recognizing it after applying the latest firmware update. [server overloaded]
Audiocorder 3.0b1: record audio under OS X
Audiocorder 3.0b1 is a beta version of Black Cat Systems' sophisticated audio recording application that now runs under OS X. The shareware can function like a VOX recorder with an adjustable volume trigger. [Classic, Carbon--562KB]
MacGimp details running GIMP 1.2 under OS X
MacGimp.org has information on compiling and running GIMP 1.2, the popular open-source graphics application for Linux, under Mac OS X.
PrintToPDF 2.2.2: shareware PDF driver
PrintToPDF 2.2.2 brings better handling of QuickTime-compressed pictures and more standard default options to the $20 shareware printer driver for creating PDF files.
Sometimes, people need to scan things, but having a computer at hand to do so isn't exactly feasible. Maybe it's the home of a relat ...Dell AD211 Bluetooth speaker
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- FCC petitioned by hotels to allow disrupting guest-created hotspots - 12 replies
- Obama wants stronger cyber-security laws in 2015 - 12 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 12 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- Obama: Sony hack not act of war; Anonymous promises attacks on NK - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Apple to charge VAT per-country at European App Stores - 6 replies
- CalDigit reveals $200 Thunderbolt Station 2 - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies