Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple offers Mobile Newsroom Solution Bundle
From now until June 30, 2001 Apple is offering a "Mobile Newsroom Solution Bundle" that includes a PowerBook G4 (500 MHz), AirPort card and base station, Canon GL-1 Digital Video Camcorder, and Final Cut Pro 2 for $7,200, or a $200 savings versus purchasing the items individually from the Apple Store.
Apple eying Minneapolis for retail store
A Star Tribune article states that Apple is considering opening a retail store in Minneapolis some time in the future. AppleInsider also recently reported that Apple was eying the Twin Cities as a possible location.
New BIAS Peak 2.5.5 updater
BIAS has posted a Peak 2.55 updater, replacing an older version of the updater made available earlier this week.
Cookie Dog 1.1 adds AppleScript support
Cookie Dog 1.1 adds AppleScript support to the $5 shareware utility for managing and deleting Internet Explorer cookies.
ButtonBuilder 1.8.1 adds additional templates
ButtonBuilder 1.8.1 is an update to the $10 shareware application for creating buttons for Web sites, multimedia projects, and more. The new version adds additional button templates, bringing the total to more than eighty, as well as an improved interface. [Carbon - 1.9 MB]
Utility recovers RAM lost to firmware update
DIMMFirstAid, from the creator of DIMMCheck, allows users to recover the RAM whose Macs stopped recognizing it after applying the latest firmware update. [server overloaded]
Audiocorder 3.0b1: record audio under OS X
Audiocorder 3.0b1 is a beta version of Black Cat Systems' sophisticated audio recording application that now runs under OS X. The shareware can function like a VOX recorder with an adjustable volume trigger. [Classic, Carbon--562KB]
MacGimp details running GIMP 1.2 under OS X
MacGimp.org has information on compiling and running GIMP 1.2, the popular open-source graphics application for Linux, under Mac OS X.
PrintToPDF 2.2.2: shareware PDF driver
PrintToPDF 2.2.2 brings better handling of QuickTime-compressed pictures and more standard default options to the $20 shareware printer driver for creating PDF files.
Five years ago, we thought that by the end of 2013 there'd be a bigger market for e-book readers. Then, along came the tablet that Jo ...Sans Digital TowerRAID TR8M6G eSATA array
Regardless of what Cupertino would like us to believe with the new cylindrical Mac Pro, there are needs for vast amounts of hard-drive ...iHome Bluetooth iB75 Wireless Sports Earphone
Finding a good pair of headphones for a midnight jog is hard. An over the ear set is either flopping around on your head, falling off, ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- New Android ioPhone mimics Apple's iPhone 5c style - 15 replies
- Apple signals end of Snow Leopard support with Safari snub? - 15 replies
- Rumor: Microsoft to take on iPad mini with 1080p Surface mini - 12 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 10 replies
- Apple debuts 90-second holiday TV ad, 'Misunderstood' - 9 replies
- Report: Apple's 64-bit A7 chip 'stunned' the chipmaking industry - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple's Tim Cook accepts award at Auburn, pushes for equality - 7 replies