Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
PDF explains Mac OS X kernel at high level
Joel Reed notes an excellent Kernel Environment PDF provided by Apple that provides "fundamental high-level information about the Mac OS X core operating-system architecture," concentrating on "those areas where Mac OS X system architecture differs from other, similar operating systems."
Utility for checking DIMMs for Apple spec
Glenn Anderson has released DIMMCheck 1.04, which checks for non-Apple spec RAM, helping users identify which types of RAM will be affected (and not recognized) after Apple's recent firmware updates. One reader reports that the author is circulating a (yet) unpublicized fix for firmware update as well.
FontShowcase 3.1 adds font families feature
FontShowcase 3.1 is a new version of the font viewing software from Nexus.net, adding a font families feature, filtering options for viewing, and a "favorites" features.
Kerbango to close doors
Several readers note that 3Com has announced plans to shut down Kerbango, its Internet radio/MP3 streaming service. Both iTunes and SoundJam rely on Kerbango for their respective radio features; its unknown what will happen to these features once Kerbango closes its doors.
IconCleaner comes to OS X
IconCleaner 1.0, now available for OS X, is a utility for removing all custom icons of files and applications within a specified folder.
The Free Memory Show receives minor update
The Free Memory Show 2.2 is a new version of the utility for displaying how much RAM is available to your system. The utility can also notify when RAM drops below a specified level, and can also quit application to help defrayment RAM.
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...Snugg Robust Case for iPad Air
Snugg's Distressed Brown Leather Case was something of a pleasant surprise when I reviewed it last year. I didn't expect much at fi ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Adobe drags feet on notifying data theft victims, millions at risk - 9 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Nokia pokes Apple's iPad Air with derisive new ads for Lumia 2520 - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- Future USB connector to be reversible, support scalable charging - 5 replies