Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
PDF explains Mac OS X kernel at high level
Joel Reed notes an excellent Kernel Environment PDF provided by Apple that provides "fundamental high-level information about the Mac OS X core operating-system architecture," concentrating on "those areas where Mac OS X system architecture differs from other, similar operating systems."
Utility for checking DIMMs for Apple spec
Glenn Anderson has released DIMMCheck 1.04, which checks for non-Apple spec RAM, helping users identify which types of RAM will be affected (and not recognized) after Apple's recent firmware updates. One reader reports that the author is circulating a (yet) unpublicized fix for firmware update as well.
FontShowcase 3.1 adds font families feature
FontShowcase 3.1 is a new version of the font viewing software from Nexus.net, adding a font families feature, filtering options for viewing, and a "favorites" features.
Kerbango to close doors
Several readers note that 3Com has announced plans to shut down Kerbango, its Internet radio/MP3 streaming service. Both iTunes and SoundJam rely on Kerbango for their respective radio features; its unknown what will happen to these features once Kerbango closes its doors.
IconCleaner comes to OS X
IconCleaner 1.0, now available for OS X, is a utility for removing all custom icons of files and applications within a specified folder.
The Free Memory Show receives minor update
The Free Memory Show 2.2 is a new version of the utility for displaying how much RAM is available to your system. The utility can also notify when RAM drops below a specified level, and can also quit application to help defrayment RAM.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 21 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 17 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Apple Music subscriptions kill ALAC playback on iOS - 13 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- My Stupid Fault: don't look back in anger - 8 replies
- Apple releases Diversity Report, minority hiring up - 7 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 7 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies