Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MacCPU: Why doesn\'t Apple make PCs?
Bob Moriarty of MacCPU has written an opinion piece on the new iMacs and his thoughts of Apple shifting gears and producing PCs instead of Macs.
Address Pad 1.2 adds features and fixes
Address Pad 1.2 represents a major rewrite to Gabriele de Simone's free contact manager.
X-Launch 2.1 adds appearance options
X-Launch 2.1 adds several appearance options to the freeware application launcher.
HTML editor for Z-Write released
Stone Table Software has released Cobweb 1.0, a free, text-based HTML editor designed to work with the company's Z-Write word processor. Cobweb features and HTML tags toolbar, syntax coloring, multiple undos, and more. Z-Write is $20 shareware.
Lotus gauging Mac demand for new Notes
Lotus is currently conducting a survey to gauge customer interest in having it develop a Mac-compatible version of the next Notes Client. "We have been developing for both the Macintosh and Windows platforms. We are currently engaged in an effort to re-evaluate our customers' need and the market demand for a Macintosh version of this next feature release. One important input to our re-evaluation effort is asking you to complete the attached survey."
New iMacs get increased ship time
Apple's new iMacs, which launched last week at the Apple Store with a one-day estimated ship time, have been bumped to a seven-day estimated ship time. Some customers who placed their order during the one-day ship time have received emails regarding the delay and have been told to expect their orders to ship on March 3rd. Apple is citing high demand as the cause for the unexpected wait.
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...
10 Most Discussed
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 18 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 12 replies
- Obama sides with UK PM, calls for law enforcement-crackable encryption - 12 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- Cook still bullish on iPad despite softening demand - 10 replies
- Adobe updates Flash again due to critical security flaw - 9 replies
- Principal filming on Universal Jobs biopic now underway - 8 replies
- Apple posts $74.6B in Q1 revenues based on iPhone, Mac sales - 8 replies
- Apple sees one billionth iOS device shipped, China sales explode - 8 replies