Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MacCPU: Why doesn\'t Apple make PCs?
Bob Moriarty of MacCPU has written an opinion piece on the new iMacs and his thoughts of Apple shifting gears and producing PCs instead of Macs.
Address Pad 1.2 adds features and fixes
Address Pad 1.2 represents a major rewrite to Gabriele de Simone's free contact manager.
X-Launch 2.1 adds appearance options
X-Launch 2.1 adds several appearance options to the freeware application launcher.
HTML editor for Z-Write released
Stone Table Software has released Cobweb 1.0, a free, text-based HTML editor designed to work with the company's Z-Write word processor. Cobweb features and HTML tags toolbar, syntax coloring, multiple undos, and more. Z-Write is $20 shareware.
Lotus gauging Mac demand for new Notes
Lotus is currently conducting a survey to gauge customer interest in having it develop a Mac-compatible version of the next Notes Client. "We have been developing for both the Macintosh and Windows platforms. We are currently engaged in an effort to re-evaluate our customers' need and the market demand for a Macintosh version of this next feature release. One important input to our re-evaluation effort is asking you to complete the attached survey."
New iMacs get increased ship time
Apple's new iMacs, which launched last week at the Apple Store with a one-day estimated ship time, have been bumped to a seven-day estimated ship time. Some customers who placed their order during the one-day ship time have received emails regarding the delay and have been told to expect their orders to ship on March 3rd. Apple is citing high demand as the cause for the unexpected wait.
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price-per-gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...Narrative Clip
With the advent of social media technology, people have been searching for new ways to share the events of their daily lives -- be it ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 20 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Wozniak on the iPhone 6: 'I've gotten rid of my Android phones' - 12 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 12 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Shareholder files suit against Cook, executives over e-book collusion - 10 replies
- Opinion: Why a larger iPad makes sense - 10 replies