Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MacCPU: Why doesn\'t Apple make PCs?
Bob Moriarty of MacCPU has written an opinion piece on the new iMacs and his thoughts of Apple shifting gears and producing PCs instead of Macs.
Address Pad 1.2 adds features and fixes
Address Pad 1.2 represents a major rewrite to Gabriele de Simone's free contact manager.
X-Launch 2.1 adds appearance options
X-Launch 2.1 adds several appearance options to the freeware application launcher.
HTML editor for Z-Write released
Stone Table Software has released Cobweb 1.0, a free, text-based HTML editor designed to work with the company's Z-Write word processor. Cobweb features and HTML tags toolbar, syntax coloring, multiple undos, and more. Z-Write is $20 shareware.
Lotus gauging Mac demand for new Notes
Lotus is currently conducting a survey to gauge customer interest in having it develop a Mac-compatible version of the next Notes Client. "We have been developing for both the Macintosh and Windows platforms. We are currently engaged in an effort to re-evaluate our customers' need and the market demand for a Macintosh version of this next feature release. One important input to our re-evaluation effort is asking you to complete the attached survey."
New iMacs get increased ship time
Apple's new iMacs, which launched last week at the Apple Store with a one-day estimated ship time, have been bumped to a seven-day estimated ship time. Some customers who placed their order during the one-day ship time have received emails regarding the delay and have been told to expect their orders to ship on March 3rd. Apple is citing high demand as the cause for the unexpected wait.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Netflix forges agreement with Comcast to end video speed throttling - 14 replies
- Opinion: How will Apple maintain usability on a larger iPhone? - 14 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies