Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MacCPU: Why doesn\'t Apple make PCs?
Bob Moriarty of MacCPU has written an opinion piece on the new iMacs and his thoughts of Apple shifting gears and producing PCs instead of Macs.
Address Pad 1.2 adds features and fixes
Address Pad 1.2 represents a major rewrite to Gabriele de Simone's free contact manager.
X-Launch 2.1 adds appearance options
X-Launch 2.1 adds several appearance options to the freeware application launcher.
HTML editor for Z-Write released
Stone Table Software has released Cobweb 1.0, a free, text-based HTML editor designed to work with the company's Z-Write word processor. Cobweb features and HTML tags toolbar, syntax coloring, multiple undos, and more. Z-Write is $20 shareware.
Lotus gauging Mac demand for new Notes
Lotus is currently conducting a survey to gauge customer interest in having it develop a Mac-compatible version of the next Notes Client. "We have been developing for both the Macintosh and Windows platforms. We are currently engaged in an effort to re-evaluate our customers' need and the market demand for a Macintosh version of this next feature release. One important input to our re-evaluation effort is asking you to complete the attached survey."
New iMacs get increased ship time
Apple's new iMacs, which launched last week at the Apple Store with a one-day estimated ship time, have been bumped to a seven-day estimated ship time. Some customers who placed their order during the one-day ship time have received emails regarding the delay and have been told to expect their orders to ship on March 3rd. Apple is citing high demand as the cause for the unexpected wait.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 12 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- FCC petitioned by hotels to allow disrupting guest-created hotspots - 7 replies
- Obama: Sony hack not act of war; Anonymous promises attacks on NK - 7 replies
- Apple to charge VAT per-country at European App Stores - 6 replies
- CalDigit reveals $200 Thunderbolt Station 2 - 6 replies
- Apple rejects conclusions of BBC expose showing supply chain abuses - 6 replies