Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MacCPU: Why doesn\'t Apple make PCs?
Bob Moriarty of MacCPU has written an opinion piece on the new iMacs and his thoughts of Apple shifting gears and producing PCs instead of Macs.
Address Pad 1.2 adds features and fixes
Address Pad 1.2 represents a major rewrite to Gabriele de Simone's free contact manager.
X-Launch 2.1 adds appearance options
X-Launch 2.1 adds several appearance options to the freeware application launcher.
HTML editor for Z-Write released
Stone Table Software has released Cobweb 1.0, a free, text-based HTML editor designed to work with the company's Z-Write word processor. Cobweb features and HTML tags toolbar, syntax coloring, multiple undos, and more. Z-Write is $20 shareware.
Lotus gauging Mac demand for new Notes
Lotus is currently conducting a survey to gauge customer interest in having it develop a Mac-compatible version of the next Notes Client. "We have been developing for both the Macintosh and Windows platforms. We are currently engaged in an effort to re-evaluate our customers' need and the market demand for a Macintosh version of this next feature release. One important input to our re-evaluation effort is asking you to complete the attached survey."
New iMacs get increased ship time
Apple's new iMacs, which launched last week at the Apple Store with a one-day estimated ship time, have been bumped to a seven-day estimated ship time. Some customers who placed their order during the one-day ship time have received emails regarding the delay and have been told to expect their orders to ship on March 3rd. Apple is citing high demand as the cause for the unexpected wait.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: The trouble with the Music app for iOS - 14 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies