Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Web-optimized ten pixel font released
Joe Gillespie, creator of the Mini 7 font, has released Tenacity, a highly legible ten-pixel font. Unlike Mini 7, which includes just capitals and numerous, Tenacity also includes lower case and accented letters. The font is available for $15.
PowerBook-equipped team crosses Antarctica
Ann Bancroft and Liv Arnesen, the world's first female explorers to cross Antarctica on skis, completed their journey on Friday. The pair documented the expedition using a PowerBook G3, which functioned without a hitch at minus 34 degrees Fahrenheit. (Apple recently ran a story on their arrival at the half-way point, which took place Jan. 16.)
Apple Europe Exec talks about past, outlook
In an interview discussing Apple's past performance and future outlook, Apple Europe executive Brendan O'Sullivan confirms that Apple will be introducing new products next week at Macworld Tokyo (hinting at a new iBook revision) and also notes that Apple has centralized more of its operations in Cork, Ireland: "We have recently transferred our European customer support services and finance functions to Cork and it has become a campus rather than just a manufacturing base."
MacSecSH 2.1a7: renamed SSH2 utility for Mac
Jean-Pierre Stierlin's freeware SSH2 client for the Mac, MacSeSH 2.1a7 (formerly MacSSH) now allows caching of passphrases for encrypted private keys, fixes scripting problems, and improves minimum required system checks. (The documentation notes that older 'MacSSH' preferences need to be renamed.)
Folio 1.0: new stock trading utility
Folio v1.0 is another advanced stock tracking software package and full featured portfolio manager offering unlimited stock tracking (data, multiple source headline news, last trade price) and an advanced 'virtual' portfolio which "lets you keep tabs on how your money is doing, giving you information on your gains and losses." It is $15 shareware, but will not be registerable until next week.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies