Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Hands-on courses for Manila/Frontier
Ken Dow is teaching a series of three hands-on courses on Userland's Manila/Frontier Web content management system. Manila is browser-based front end, while Frontier runs on both Windows and Mac OS. The courses are Introduction to Manila, Mastering Manila and Manila Server Administration. and start on February 26th in San Jose, CA. (The courses will be taught on Windows machines but there will be a Mac demo used to describe the "few differences.")
NAMM: New products from Cycling \'74
Cycling '74 introduced two new products at NAMM: radiaL is described as "an extensible loop-based composition and performance tool designed for Macintosh users looking to explode the boundaries between live performance, sound design, and composition." It is due in the third quarter for $200.Essential Instruments is a $100 collection of 14 instruments for VST2 and MAS, including a six-voice sampler, a sample-based drum module, and a patchable FM synth.
Apple to exhibit at GDC in March
Apple will be exhibiting at the Game Developer Conference from March 20-24 in San Jose, CA.
NAMM: SmartCode Pro, software-encoder for 5.1
Kind of Loud Technologies, a Universal Audio Company, announced has released a suite of software surround, software-based encoders for Pro Tools 5.1: SmartCode Pro is available now in Dolby Digital, DTS-DVD and DTS-CD versions, allowing users to create DVDs or reference CDs directly from their 5.1 mixes and the ability to burn CDs directly from Pro Tools for playback on any DTS-equipped DVD player. Pricing ranges between $500 and $1500 depending on version.
NAMM: new 5.1 versions of KOL plug-ins
Kind of Loud also released Pro Tools 5.1 compatible versions of RealVerb 5.1, SmartPan Pro, Tweetie, and Woofie. Digidesign will bundle Tweetie, a monitoring and calibration plug-in and Woofie, a bass management plug-in with Pro Tools 5.1.
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...DoxieGo Portable Scanner
Sometimes, people need to scan things, but having a computer at hand to do so isn't exactly feasible. Maybe it's the home of a relat ...
10 Most Discussed
- LA schools' iPad program flawed from beginning, federal report says - 28 replies
- President Obama calls for overturning anti-municipal broadband laws - 16 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 12 replies
- Obama sides with UK PM, calls for law enforcement-crackable encryption - 12 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 11 replies
- Principal filming on Universal Jobs biopic now underway - 8 replies
- Follow-up: new anti-poaching lawsuit settlement offer $415 million - 7 replies
- Google Glass 'graduates' from Google X, team reports to Tony Fadell - 6 replies