Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Hands-on courses for Manila/Frontier
Ken Dow is teaching a series of three hands-on courses on Userland's Manila/Frontier Web content management system. Manila is browser-based front end, while Frontier runs on both Windows and Mac OS. The courses are Introduction to Manila, Mastering Manila and Manila Server Administration. and start on February 26th in San Jose, CA. (The courses will be taught on Windows machines but there will be a Mac demo used to describe the "few differences.")
NAMM: New products from Cycling \'74
Cycling '74 introduced two new products at NAMM: radiaL is described as "an extensible loop-based composition and performance tool designed for Macintosh users looking to explode the boundaries between live performance, sound design, and composition." It is due in the third quarter for $200.Essential Instruments is a $100 collection of 14 instruments for VST2 and MAS, including a six-voice sampler, a sample-based drum module, and a patchable FM synth.
Apple to exhibit at GDC in March
Apple will be exhibiting at the Game Developer Conference from March 20-24 in San Jose, CA.
NAMM: SmartCode Pro, software-encoder for 5.1
Kind of Loud Technologies, a Universal Audio Company, announced has released a suite of software surround, software-based encoders for Pro Tools 5.1: SmartCode Pro is available now in Dolby Digital, DTS-DVD and DTS-CD versions, allowing users to create DVDs or reference CDs directly from their 5.1 mixes and the ability to burn CDs directly from Pro Tools for playback on any DTS-equipped DVD player. Pricing ranges between $500 and $1500 depending on version.
NAMM: new 5.1 versions of KOL plug-ins
Kind of Loud also released Pro Tools 5.1 compatible versions of RealVerb 5.1, SmartPan Pro, Tweetie, and Woofie. Digidesign will bundle Tweetie, a monitoring and calibration plug-in and Woofie, a bass management plug-in with Pro Tools 5.1.
Before we get rolling, I'll confess: I've never understood the purpose of cases like the Booqpad. If you've got a tablet, surely p ...Linksys EA6900 AC Router
As 802.11ac networking begins to makes its way into more and more devices, you may find yourself considering an upgrade for your home ...D-Link DIR-510L 802.11AC travel router
Having Internet access in hotels and other similar locations used to be a miasma of connectivity issues. If Wi-Fi was available, it wa ...
10 Most Discussed
- Eich's Mozilla departure induces bilateral criticism, Firefox bans - 40 replies
- Samsung seized on death of Steve Jobs to launch anti-Apple ads - 15 replies
- Apple considers 'dramatic' revamping of iTunes Music Store - 14 replies
- Brendan Eich steps down at Mozilla Foundation, no successor named - 13 replies
- Email from Jobs in 2010 lays out future vision - 13 replies
- Critical OpenSSL 'HeartBleed' bug uncovered, affects HTTPS encryption - 11 replies
- Rumor: Apple considering entry into high-definition music? [u] - 9 replies
- Mayer: Yahoo should be Apple's default search engine - 9 replies
- Apple opens first store in Turkey to hoopla, press, long lineups - 9 replies
- Revealed: Samsung misled investors, pundits with shipments vs. sales - 8 replies