Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Hands-on courses for Manila/Frontier
Ken Dow is teaching a series of three hands-on courses on Userland's Manila/Frontier Web content management system. Manila is browser-based front end, while Frontier runs on both Windows and Mac OS. The courses are Introduction to Manila, Mastering Manila and Manila Server Administration. and start on February 26th in San Jose, CA. (The courses will be taught on Windows machines but there will be a Mac demo used to describe the "few differences.")
NAMM: New products from Cycling \'74
Cycling '74 introduced two new products at NAMM: radiaL is described as "an extensible loop-based composition and performance tool designed for Macintosh users looking to explode the boundaries between live performance, sound design, and composition." It is due in the third quarter for $200.Essential Instruments is a $100 collection of 14 instruments for VST2 and MAS, including a six-voice sampler, a sample-based drum module, and a patchable FM synth.
Apple to exhibit at GDC in March
Apple will be exhibiting at the Game Developer Conference from March 20-24 in San Jose, CA.
NAMM: SmartCode Pro, software-encoder for 5.1
Kind of Loud Technologies, a Universal Audio Company, announced has released a suite of software surround, software-based encoders for Pro Tools 5.1: SmartCode Pro is available now in Dolby Digital, DTS-DVD and DTS-CD versions, allowing users to create DVDs or reference CDs directly from their 5.1 mixes and the ability to burn CDs directly from Pro Tools for playback on any DTS-equipped DVD player. Pricing ranges between $500 and $1500 depending on version.
NAMM: new 5.1 versions of KOL plug-ins
Kind of Loud also released Pro Tools 5.1 compatible versions of RealVerb 5.1, SmartPan Pro, Tweetie, and Woofie. Digidesign will bundle Tweetie, a monitoring and calibration plug-in and Woofie, a bass management plug-in with Pro Tools 5.1.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple CEO Tim Cook meets with Utah Senator Orrin Hatch - 10 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 7 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies