Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Hands-on courses for Manila/Frontier
Ken Dow is teaching a series of three hands-on courses on Userland's Manila/Frontier Web content management system. Manila is browser-based front end, while Frontier runs on both Windows and Mac OS. The courses are Introduction to Manila, Mastering Manila and Manila Server Administration. and start on February 26th in San Jose, CA. (The courses will be taught on Windows machines but there will be a Mac demo used to describe the "few differences.")
NAMM: New products from Cycling \'74
Cycling '74 introduced two new products at NAMM: radiaL is described as "an extensible loop-based composition and performance tool designed for Macintosh users looking to explode the boundaries between live performance, sound design, and composition." It is due in the third quarter for $200.Essential Instruments is a $100 collection of 14 instruments for VST2 and MAS, including a six-voice sampler, a sample-based drum module, and a patchable FM synth.
Apple to exhibit at GDC in March
Apple will be exhibiting at the Game Developer Conference from March 20-24 in San Jose, CA.
NAMM: SmartCode Pro, software-encoder for 5.1
Kind of Loud Technologies, a Universal Audio Company, announced has released a suite of software surround, software-based encoders for Pro Tools 5.1: SmartCode Pro is available now in Dolby Digital, DTS-DVD and DTS-CD versions, allowing users to create DVDs or reference CDs directly from their 5.1 mixes and the ability to burn CDs directly from Pro Tools for playback on any DTS-equipped DVD player. Pricing ranges between $500 and $1500 depending on version.
NAMM: new 5.1 versions of KOL plug-ins
Kind of Loud also released Pro Tools 5.1 compatible versions of RealVerb 5.1, SmartPan Pro, Tweetie, and Woofie. Digidesign will bundle Tweetie, a monitoring and calibration plug-in and Woofie, a bass management plug-in with Pro Tools 5.1.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 64 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Gartner: Apple rises, Samsung drops in worldwide phone share - 6 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies