Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Hands-on courses for Manila/Frontier
Ken Dow is teaching a series of three hands-on courses on Userland's Manila/Frontier Web content management system. Manila is browser-based front end, while Frontier runs on both Windows and Mac OS. The courses are Introduction to Manila, Mastering Manila and Manila Server Administration. and start on February 26th in San Jose, CA. (The courses will be taught on Windows machines but there will be a Mac demo used to describe the "few differences.")
NAMM: New products from Cycling \'74
Cycling '74 introduced two new products at NAMM: radiaL is described as "an extensible loop-based composition and performance tool designed for Macintosh users looking to explode the boundaries between live performance, sound design, and composition." It is due in the third quarter for $200.Essential Instruments is a $100 collection of 14 instruments for VST2 and MAS, including a six-voice sampler, a sample-based drum module, and a patchable FM synth.
Apple to exhibit at GDC in March
Apple will be exhibiting at the Game Developer Conference from March 20-24 in San Jose, CA.
NAMM: SmartCode Pro, software-encoder for 5.1
Kind of Loud Technologies, a Universal Audio Company, announced has released a suite of software surround, software-based encoders for Pro Tools 5.1: SmartCode Pro is available now in Dolby Digital, DTS-DVD and DTS-CD versions, allowing users to create DVDs or reference CDs directly from their 5.1 mixes and the ability to burn CDs directly from Pro Tools for playback on any DTS-equipped DVD player. Pricing ranges between $500 and $1500 depending on version.
NAMM: new 5.1 versions of KOL plug-ins
Kind of Loud also released Pro Tools 5.1 compatible versions of RealVerb 5.1, SmartPan Pro, Tweetie, and Woofie. Digidesign will bundle Tweetie, a monitoring and calibration plug-in and Woofie, a bass management plug-in with Pro Tools 5.1.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 21 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies
- Editorial: Apple's iOS purchase-history purge disrespects users - 8 replies