Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Hands-on courses for Manila/Frontier
Ken Dow is teaching a series of three hands-on courses on Userland's Manila/Frontier Web content management system. Manila is browser-based front end, while Frontier runs on both Windows and Mac OS. The courses are Introduction to Manila, Mastering Manila and Manila Server Administration. and start on February 26th in San Jose, CA. (The courses will be taught on Windows machines but there will be a Mac demo used to describe the "few differences.")
NAMM: New products from Cycling \'74
Cycling '74 introduced two new products at NAMM: radiaL is described as "an extensible loop-based composition and performance tool designed for Macintosh users looking to explode the boundaries between live performance, sound design, and composition." It is due in the third quarter for $200.Essential Instruments is a $100 collection of 14 instruments for VST2 and MAS, including a six-voice sampler, a sample-based drum module, and a patchable FM synth.
Apple to exhibit at GDC in March
Apple will be exhibiting at the Game Developer Conference from March 20-24 in San Jose, CA.
NAMM: SmartCode Pro, software-encoder for 5.1
Kind of Loud Technologies, a Universal Audio Company, announced has released a suite of software surround, software-based encoders for Pro Tools 5.1: SmartCode Pro is available now in Dolby Digital, DTS-DVD and DTS-CD versions, allowing users to create DVDs or reference CDs directly from their 5.1 mixes and the ability to burn CDs directly from Pro Tools for playback on any DTS-equipped DVD player. Pricing ranges between $500 and $1500 depending on version.
NAMM: new 5.1 versions of KOL plug-ins
Kind of Loud also released Pro Tools 5.1 compatible versions of RealVerb 5.1, SmartPan Pro, Tweetie, and Woofie. Digidesign will bundle Tweetie, a monitoring and calibration plug-in and Woofie, a bass management plug-in with Pro Tools 5.1.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 39 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 8 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Appeals court opens door to FTC oversight of corporate cyber security - 6 replies
- Hands On: Tile Bluetooth Object Tracker - 6 replies