Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
PPPremier Timer 2.04 brings OS 9.1 fix
PPPremier Timer 2.04 brings Mac OS 9.1 compatibility to the $10 shareware utility that can toggle your PPP connection and can track daily, weekly, and monthly Internet usage.
OS X: WebObjects 5, Kensington drivers
osx.macnn.com has information about the upcoming release of WebObjects 5, which is "completely Java-based" and will include an unlimited WebObjects deployment runtime license. It also information on a beta program for Kensington's OS X driver and software.
WebObjects 5 info posted by ADC
The Apple Developer Connection has posted some updated WebObjects 5 info, including information on the projected ship date of the 100% Java version 5 of its enterprise server software that was promised late last year:
- The new Mac OS X Server will include a WebObjects deployment runtime with a license allowing unlimited transactions per minute. Apple is also offering license allowing developers to redistribute the WebObjects runtimes with web applications (each key costs $699).
- WebObjects 5 for Java will be available in early 2001, soon after Mac OS X ships. Since WebObjects 5 for Java requires functionality not present in Mac OS X Public Beta, there are no plans for a public beta.
- Apple will release WebObjects 4.5.1 which will allow you to run Objective-C applications on Mac OS X (Java applications will need to use WebObjects 5 for Java). Version 4.5.1 will be available in early 2001, soon after Mac OS X ships and will continue to be available even after WebObjects 5 ships.
- Both WebObjects 4.5.1 and WebObjects 5 for Java feature the ability to create "thick" (two-tier) Cocoa clients (in Objective-C and Java, respectively). The developer tools will be bundled with the WebObjects product and it hopes to provide a moderate-cost redistribution license allowing you to ship the EOF runtimes with your desktop applications.
Gradebook software for OS X
A beta release of the popular gradebook software for teachers, Gradekeeper 5.2b, is now available for Mac OS X. The $20 software tracks students, assignments, scores, and current grades for the current term.
Kensington looking for OS X testers
Patrick Urban notes that Kensington is now accepting applications for beta testing MouseWorks driver software and its VideoCAM Works application for Mac OS X.
OtherMenu 2.04: customizable system menu
James Walker's OtherMenu 2.04 is a maintenance release to his extension that creates a system-wide hierarchical that can be used to launch applications and documents, perform various utility functions, and execute FKEYs.
ShredIt 4.8 adds protection for file names
ShredIt 4.8, dubbed as the "eDocument shredder," offers an easy, permanent way to destroy personal andconfidential information. Version 4.8 adds support for multiple overwrites of file names to protect the file name. It is available in English, French, German and Japanese.
|05/23||Corning: Gorilla Glass 3 stronger,...|
|05/22||Ex-Gartner analyst Michael Gartenberg...|
|05/22||Voice search coming to Chrome for iOS...|
|05/22||Autodesk Smoke Extension 1 to ship...|
|05/22||Apple Germany now allowing online store...|
|05/23||Corning: Gorilla Glass 3 stronger,...|
|05/23||HTC One sales near five million, boosting...|
|05/23||HP Envy Rove takes on Sony Tap 20,...|
|05/22||Google, Yahoo, Cisco under scrutiny...|
|05/22||HTC struggles continue as it bleeds...|
|03/02||Save $330 on refurb. 15.4-inch, 2.4GHz...|
|03/01||Pre-owned 8GB iPod touch 2G, drops...|
|02/29||$150 off Nikon Coolpix S80 Compact...|
|02/28||Plantronics BackBeat 903 Bluetooth...|
|02/27||Refurb. Seagate 1.5TB GoFlex Portable...|
Nobody outside of Cupertino's privileged bunch knows the future of the Mac Pro line for sure. Despite Apple's reluctance to tell us wh ...Brother HL-3170CDW LED Printer
We've mentioned before that we are far from a paperless society. For now, at least, there are tasks that require a piece of paper for ...HTC One
It is hard to overstate just how critically important the HTC One is to the Taiwanese company’s fortunes. Despite its alarming decline ...
10 Most Discussed
- Senators Levin, McCain accuse Apple of exploiting offshore tax havens - 17 replies
- Rumor: next iPhone to replace home button with 'touch' surface - 12 replies
- Canalys: Apple losing 'shipment' share in global mobile market - 11 replies
- Opinion: Is the HTC One the ultimate iPhone switcher? - 11 replies
- Air Force estimates savings of $5.7M per year due to iPad use - 10 replies
- Teen killed during attempted iPad theft; two men arrested - 8 replies
- Apple seeds sixth 10.8.4 beta to developers for testing - 7 replies
- Social researcher claims Apple no longer 'hot' to Gen-Y buyers - 7 replies
- Google, Yahoo, Cisco under scrutiny after Apple tax avoidance hearing - 7 replies
- Cook speaks ahead of upcoming US Senate testimony - 7 replies