Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
PPPremier Timer 2.04 brings OS 9.1 fix
PPPremier Timer 2.04 brings Mac OS 9.1 compatibility to the $10 shareware utility that can toggle your PPP connection and can track daily, weekly, and monthly Internet usage.
OS X: WebObjects 5, Kensington drivers
osx.macnn.com has information about the upcoming release of WebObjects 5, which is "completely Java-based" and will include an unlimited WebObjects deployment runtime license. It also information on a beta program for Kensington's OS X driver and software.
WebObjects 5 info posted by ADC
The Apple Developer Connection has posted some updated WebObjects 5 info, including information on the projected ship date of the 100% Java version 5 of its enterprise server software that was promised late last year:
- The new Mac OS X Server will include a WebObjects deployment runtime with a license allowing unlimited transactions per minute. Apple is also offering license allowing developers to redistribute the WebObjects runtimes with web applications (each key costs $699).
- WebObjects 5 for Java will be available in early 2001, soon after Mac OS X ships. Since WebObjects 5 for Java requires functionality not present in Mac OS X Public Beta, there are no plans for a public beta.
- Apple will release WebObjects 4.5.1 which will allow you to run Objective-C applications on Mac OS X (Java applications will need to use WebObjects 5 for Java). Version 4.5.1 will be available in early 2001, soon after Mac OS X ships and will continue to be available even after WebObjects 5 ships.
- Both WebObjects 4.5.1 and WebObjects 5 for Java feature the ability to create "thick" (two-tier) Cocoa clients (in Objective-C and Java, respectively). The developer tools will be bundled with the WebObjects product and it hopes to provide a moderate-cost redistribution license allowing you to ship the EOF runtimes with your desktop applications.
Gradebook software for OS X
A beta release of the popular gradebook software for teachers, Gradekeeper 5.2b, is now available for Mac OS X. The $20 software tracks students, assignments, scores, and current grades for the current term.
Kensington looking for OS X testers
Patrick Urban notes that Kensington is now accepting applications for beta testing MouseWorks driver software and its VideoCAM Works application for Mac OS X.
OtherMenu 2.04: customizable system menu
James Walker's OtherMenu 2.04 is a maintenance release to his extension that creates a system-wide hierarchical that can be used to launch applications and documents, perform various utility functions, and execute FKEYs.
ShredIt 4.8 adds protection for file names
ShredIt 4.8, dubbed as the "eDocument shredder," offers an easy, permanent way to destroy personal andconfidential information. Version 4.8 adds support for multiple overwrites of file names to protect the file name. It is available in English, French, German and Japanese.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimately there's one thing we all want from smartphone accessories; we want options. When it comes to keeping our iPhone charged, w ...iHome iBT74 Color Changing Bluetooth Speaker
There's no reason why your tech can't look good while doing what it was designed to do. That's the reason that sports cars look goo ...Logitech Gaming Daedalus Prime Mouse
Logitech Gaming continues to expand upon its peripherals line, with each one looking to fit neatly into a breadth of gaming needs. Bui ...
10 Most Discussed
- Editorial: WSJ stoops to clickbait with silly anti-Mac article - 23 replies
- Review: Apple Watch - 14 replies
- Apple retracts App Store games with Confederate flag imagery [u] - 14 replies
- Adobe updates Creative Cloud apps, introduces Stock option - 12 replies
- Cue: Apple will pay royalties for three-month free Music trial - 11 replies
- Classic Mac OS System 7.5.5 made to run on Apple Watch - 9 replies
- Hands On: iOS 9 Preview for iPad Air 2 - 7 replies
- Kenwood flagship CarPlay and Android Auto multimedia units shipping - 6 replies
- MacNN Deals: Keep healthy and shop smarter with iOS gadgets - 6 replies
- Editorial: Mainstream press clickbait critical, Apple press annoyed - 6 replies