Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Interesting threads in our fourms include: a discussion on USB audio · the next iMac revision · audio CDs skipping in an iMac · using an iMac as an answering machine · burning 4x CDs at 12x · using AirPort in medical environments · extending AirPort's range · the SETI@home 3.03 slow down · Netscape 4.7.x versus 6.0.
Aquamatic 1.0 for designing \"Aqua\" graphics
The $10 shareware Aquamatic 1.0 allows users to create aqua buttons for your website and multimedia projects: "Everything about your button can be customised from it's dimensions, text options and a choice of five cool mac colours." A few plug-ins for expanded functionality are also available on its Website.
HTML mode 3.0 adds CSS 2.0 support for Alpha
Johan Linde's HTML mode 3.0/CSS mode 2.0 is a suite of extensions that makes Alpha text editor into a "powerful and versatile web editor." Version 3.0 adds support for CSS 2.0 and HTML 4.01 as well as better validation, improved parsing, support for relative path in file tags, and other enhancements.
New Kensington MouseWorks driver for OS 9.1
Kensington has posted MouseWorks 5.6b2, a beta release of its driver software that provides Mac OS 9.1 compatibilty.
Mac plus emulator gets Carbonized
vMac v0.1.9c is a Macintosh Plus emulator with full sound support that "allows games like Beyond Dark Castle and other software of yesteryear to be run on today's systems without trouble. The major change in this release is that vMac is now fully Carbonized for Mac OS X."
Before we get rolling, I'll confess: I've never understood the purpose of cases like the Booqpad. If you've got a tablet, surely p ...Linksys EA6900 AC Router
As 802.11ac networking begins to makes its way into more and more devices, you may find yourself considering an upgrade for your home ...D-Link DIR-510L 802.11AC travel router
Having Internet access in hotels and other similar locations used to be a miasma of connectivity issues. If Wi-Fi was available, it wa ...
10 Most Discussed
- Eich's Mozilla departure induces bilateral criticism, Firefox bans - 40 replies
- Samsung seized on death of Steve Jobs to launch anti-Apple ads - 15 replies
- Apple considers 'dramatic' revamping of iTunes Music Store - 14 replies
- Brendan Eich steps down at Mozilla Foundation, no successor named - 13 replies
- Email from Jobs in 2010 lays out future vision - 13 replies
- Critical OpenSSL 'HeartBleed' bug uncovered, affects HTTPS encryption - 11 replies
- Rumor: Apple considering entry into high-definition music? [u] - 9 replies
- Mayer: Yahoo should be Apple's default search engine - 9 replies
- Apple opens first store in Turkey to hoopla, press, long lineups - 9 replies
- Revealed: Samsung misled investors, pundits with shipments vs. sales - 8 replies