Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Interesting threads in our fourms include: a discussion on USB audio · the next iMac revision · audio CDs skipping in an iMac · using an iMac as an answering machine · burning 4x CDs at 12x · using AirPort in medical environments · extending AirPort's range · the SETI@home 3.03 slow down · Netscape 4.7.x versus 6.0.
Aquamatic 1.0 for designing \"Aqua\" graphics
The $10 shareware Aquamatic 1.0 allows users to create aqua buttons for your website and multimedia projects: "Everything about your button can be customised from it's dimensions, text options and a choice of five cool mac colours." A few plug-ins for expanded functionality are also available on its Website.
HTML mode 3.0 adds CSS 2.0 support for Alpha
Johan Linde's HTML mode 3.0/CSS mode 2.0 is a suite of extensions that makes Alpha text editor into a "powerful and versatile web editor." Version 3.0 adds support for CSS 2.0 and HTML 4.01 as well as better validation, improved parsing, support for relative path in file tags, and other enhancements.
New Kensington MouseWorks driver for OS 9.1
Kensington has posted MouseWorks 5.6b2, a beta release of its driver software that provides Mac OS 9.1 compatibilty.
Mac plus emulator gets Carbonized
vMac v0.1.9c is a Macintosh Plus emulator with full sound support that "allows games like Beyond Dark Castle and other software of yesteryear to be run on today's systems without trouble. The major change in this release is that vMac is now fully Carbonized for Mac OS X."
Sometimes, people need to scan things, but having a computer at hand to do so isn't exactly feasible. Maybe it's the home of a relat ...Dell AD211 Bluetooth speaker
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 14 replies
- FCC petitioned by hotels to allow disrupting guest-created hotspots - 12 replies
- Obama wants stronger cyber-security laws in 2015 - 12 replies
- Editorial: Seeing Sony's 'The Interview' is hardly patriotic - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- Obama: Sony hack not act of war; Anonymous promises attacks on NK - 7 replies
- Apple rejects conclusions of BBC expose showing supply chain abuses - 6 replies
- CalDigit reveals $200 Thunderbolt Station 2 - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies