Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Interesting threads in our fourms include: a discussion on USB audio · the next iMac revision · audio CDs skipping in an iMac · using an iMac as an answering machine · burning 4x CDs at 12x · using AirPort in medical environments · extending AirPort's range · the SETI@home 3.03 slow down · Netscape 4.7.x versus 6.0.
Aquamatic 1.0 for designing \"Aqua\" graphics
The $10 shareware Aquamatic 1.0 allows users to create aqua buttons for your website and multimedia projects: "Everything about your button can be customised from it's dimensions, text options and a choice of five cool mac colours." A few plug-ins for expanded functionality are also available on its Website.
HTML mode 3.0 adds CSS 2.0 support for Alpha
Johan Linde's HTML mode 3.0/CSS mode 2.0 is a suite of extensions that makes Alpha text editor into a "powerful and versatile web editor." Version 3.0 adds support for CSS 2.0 and HTML 4.01 as well as better validation, improved parsing, support for relative path in file tags, and other enhancements.
New Kensington MouseWorks driver for OS 9.1
Kensington has posted MouseWorks 5.6b2, a beta release of its driver software that provides Mac OS 9.1 compatibilty.
Mac plus emulator gets Carbonized
vMac v0.1.9c is a Macintosh Plus emulator with full sound support that "allows games like Beyond Dark Castle and other software of yesteryear to be run on today's systems without trouble. The major change in this release is that vMac is now fully Carbonized for Mac OS X."
USB thumb drives are getting larger by the day, their growth speeding along with the availability and expansion of memory chips. But h ...Autodesk Smoke 2015
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price-per-gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 20 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 13 replies
- Wozniak on the iPhone 6: 'I've gotten rid of my Android phones' - 12 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Apple cagey about Watch battery life, working on improvements - 10 replies
- Shareholder files suit against Cook, executives over e-book collusion - 10 replies