Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
$200 rebate on iMac DV+, iMac DVSE
The Apple Store (and other Apple resellers) are offering a $200 rebate on the iMac DV+ and the iMac DVSE, following internal price cuts by Apple on these models (to resellers).
SwitchRes 2.5 for managing screen resolutions
Stephane Madrau has released SwitchRes 2.5, an update to the extension for managing screen resolutions that adds the ability to personalize the resolutions name and a bug that prevented SwitchRes to show some DDC resolutions on the ATI Radeon cards.
Trade Assist 2.2 has new ticker window
Essentrix has released Trade Assist 2.2, an update to the $25 portfolio management application that tracks the performance of your holdings. Version 2.2 offers a new Ticker frame for easy dragging, resizing and closing, revamped password protection, and other enhancments.
Apple DVD Studio Pro Caveats
Mark Cohen passed noted some caveats in Apple's new DVD Studio Pro, which is
repackaged, renamed, and re-arranged version of Astarte's DVD Director
suite and noted the availability of a discount coupon for previous owners of the Astarte product:
This is dissapointing as the Wire4DVD card allowed for vastly superior
(hardware based) playback in comparison to Apple's DVD player (software),
and also provided the ability to play MPEG1 and MPEG2 files directly off
the drive ! This is an immensely useful feature as the need to preview
encoded files during the authoring process is essential !
"Apple DVD Studio Pro is fully functional only on Power Macintosh G4
computers. It also requires Apple DVD Player 2.0 or higher. DVD Studio
Pro is not supported on other Macintosh configurations.
DVD Studio Pro does not support previewing with the WiredStream card
(also called the Wired4DVD card) that came with Astarte DVDirector. You
can still use the WiredStream card for playing finished projects from the
hard disk, but the preview function is now handled by the Apple DVD
This is dissapointing as the Wire4DVD card allowed for vastly superior (hardware based) playback in comparison to Apple's DVD player (software), and also provided the ability to play MPEG1 and MPEG2 files directly off the drive ! This is an immensely useful feature as the need to preview encoded files during the authoring process is essential !
Selecting the correct gaming mouse comes down to finding a device that balances the needs of a user with a price they can afford. Ofte ...Life n Soul BM211 Bluetooth speaker
Bluetooth speakers aren't only for listening to some music at the park or on a long bus ride, but can also be built with tablets in m ...Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 2030 projector
With high-definition televisions now the standard, 4K televisions becoming the next big thing, and plasma TVs going the way of the din ...
10 Most Discussed
- US cybersecurity chief claims lack of experience not important to job - 16 replies
- Quicken 2015 for Mac brings new features, strips others - 11 replies
- Security guards protest low wages, block Apple San Francisco store - 9 replies
- Claim: Apple's iMessage accounts for 30 percent of all mobile spam - 8 replies
- Apple releases second public OS X Yosemite beta, new iTunes 12 test - 8 replies
- Schematics suggest iPhone 6 may come in 16, 64, and 128GB models - 8 replies
- Apple shareholder suit accuses Cook, Jobs, others of misconduct - 7 replies
- Rumor: iPhone 6 may support 150Mbps LTE-A - 7 replies
- Digital credit card replacement Coin calls for 10,000 more testers - 7 replies
- Uber allowed to resume services in Berlin after ban suspended - 6 replies