Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
$200 rebate on iMac DV+, iMac DVSE
The Apple Store (and other Apple resellers) are offering a $200 rebate on the iMac DV+ and the iMac DVSE, following internal price cuts by Apple on these models (to resellers).
SwitchRes 2.5 for managing screen resolutions
Stephane Madrau has released SwitchRes 2.5, an update to the extension for managing screen resolutions that adds the ability to personalize the resolutions name and a bug that prevented SwitchRes to show some DDC resolutions on the ATI Radeon cards.
Trade Assist 2.2 has new ticker window
Essentrix has released Trade Assist 2.2, an update to the $25 portfolio management application that tracks the performance of your holdings. Version 2.2 offers a new Ticker frame for easy dragging, resizing and closing, revamped password protection, and other enhancments.
Apple DVD Studio Pro Caveats
Mark Cohen passed noted some caveats in Apple's new DVD Studio Pro, which is
repackaged, renamed, and re-arranged version of Astarte's DVD Director
suite and noted the availability of a discount coupon for previous owners of the Astarte product:
This is dissapointing as the Wire4DVD card allowed for vastly superior
(hardware based) playback in comparison to Apple's DVD player (software),
and also provided the ability to play MPEG1 and MPEG2 files directly off
the drive ! This is an immensely useful feature as the need to preview
encoded files during the authoring process is essential !
"Apple DVD Studio Pro is fully functional only on Power Macintosh G4
computers. It also requires Apple DVD Player 2.0 or higher. DVD Studio
Pro is not supported on other Macintosh configurations.
DVD Studio Pro does not support previewing with the WiredStream card
(also called the Wired4DVD card) that came with Astarte DVDirector. You
can still use the WiredStream card for playing finished projects from the
hard disk, but the preview function is now handled by the Apple DVD
This is dissapointing as the Wire4DVD card allowed for vastly superior (hardware based) playback in comparison to Apple's DVD player (software), and also provided the ability to play MPEG1 and MPEG2 files directly off the drive ! This is an immensely useful feature as the need to preview encoded files during the authoring process is essential !
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Netflix forges agreement with Comcast to end video speed throttling - 14 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies