Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
$200 rebate on iMac DV+, iMac DVSE
The Apple Store (and other Apple resellers) are offering a $200 rebate on the iMac DV+ and the iMac DVSE, following internal price cuts by Apple on these models (to resellers).
SwitchRes 2.5 for managing screen resolutions
Stephane Madrau has released SwitchRes 2.5, an update to the extension for managing screen resolutions that adds the ability to personalize the resolutions name and a bug that prevented SwitchRes to show some DDC resolutions on the ATI Radeon cards.
Trade Assist 2.2 has new ticker window
Essentrix has released Trade Assist 2.2, an update to the $25 portfolio management application that tracks the performance of your holdings. Version 2.2 offers a new Ticker frame for easy dragging, resizing and closing, revamped password protection, and other enhancments.
Apple DVD Studio Pro Caveats
Mark Cohen passed noted some caveats in Apple's new DVD Studio Pro, which is
repackaged, renamed, and re-arranged version of Astarte's DVD Director
suite and noted the availability of a discount coupon for previous owners of the Astarte product:
This is dissapointing as the Wire4DVD card allowed for vastly superior
(hardware based) playback in comparison to Apple's DVD player (software),
and also provided the ability to play MPEG1 and MPEG2 files directly off
the drive ! This is an immensely useful feature as the need to preview
encoded files during the authoring process is essential !
"Apple DVD Studio Pro is fully functional only on Power Macintosh G4
computers. It also requires Apple DVD Player 2.0 or higher. DVD Studio
Pro is not supported on other Macintosh configurations.
DVD Studio Pro does not support previewing with the WiredStream card
(also called the Wired4DVD card) that came with Astarte DVDirector. You
can still use the WiredStream card for playing finished projects from the
hard disk, but the preview function is now handled by the Apple DVD
This is dissapointing as the Wire4DVD card allowed for vastly superior (hardware based) playback in comparison to Apple's DVD player (software), and also provided the ability to play MPEG1 and MPEG2 files directly off the drive ! This is an immensely useful feature as the need to preview encoded files during the authoring process is essential !
Finding a speaker purpose-built for a specific need is challenging. Even when a Bluetooth speaker can be paired with a mobile device, ...JBL Synchros E40BT headphones
For all the different configurations of headphones on the market, it's always a tough choice for buyers to get something that is just ...Razer Taipan mouse
The list of gaming devices is growing larger with each passing day. A large number of companies have entered the gaming input arena, a ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 25 replies
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- SEC: Apple bought back another $5 billion in stock in June quarter - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Coalition of authors blames 'thuggish' Amazon for Hachette dispute - 10 replies
- Microsoft rolls out major update of OneNote for iPad, iPhone, Mac - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies