Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
2001 will continue to be rough on techs
A CBS MarketWatch article takes a look at the tech industry's rough year in 2000, and makes forecasts about the future. Analysts anticipate PC growth to continue to slip next year, eventually falling off to seven percent unit growth (half of its current long-term growth rating) in 2003 with no profit growth. Analysts, however, expect PC companies will continue to grow as they adapt to the market's needs and embrace other technologies, such as handhelds, something that Apple has vehemently denied having any interest in pursuing.
Apple acknowledges faulty Cube power switches
Apple Japan has acknowledged that faulty power switches in some Power Mac G4 Cubes can cause smoke and burning smells to be emitted from the unit. The tech info library article, which is in Japanese, reassures customers that there is no risk of personal harm from the problem.
CrushFTP 2.0b6 posted
CrushFTP 2.0b6 adds various small fixes and improvements to the Java FTP server.
Morse code tutor application updated
Black Cat Systems has posted Morse Mania 1.9.5, which adds several additional punctuation characters to the shareware morse code tutor application.
MacSSH 2.1a4 fixes a few bugs
MacSSH 2.1a4, a modified version of the terminal utility BetterTelnet with SSH2 support, now adds CVS local port forwarding and fixes a few other bugs.
iCab 2.3 preview brings Prefetch feature
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...Entry-level 27-inch Retina iMac
The 27-inch Apple iMac with 5K Retina display is already one of the best value-for-money Macs that Apple has ever released. It was som ...
10 Most Discussed
- Neil Young says he will pull music catalog from streaming services - 24 replies
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 17 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Apple takes lid off 64-bit A8 iPod touch, now up to 128GB - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies