Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
2001 will continue to be rough on techs
A CBS MarketWatch article takes a look at the tech industry's rough year in 2000, and makes forecasts about the future. Analysts anticipate PC growth to continue to slip next year, eventually falling off to seven percent unit growth (half of its current long-term growth rating) in 2003 with no profit growth. Analysts, however, expect PC companies will continue to grow as they adapt to the market's needs and embrace other technologies, such as handhelds, something that Apple has vehemently denied having any interest in pursuing.
Apple acknowledges faulty Cube power switches
Apple Japan has acknowledged that faulty power switches in some Power Mac G4 Cubes can cause smoke and burning smells to be emitted from the unit. The tech info library article, which is in Japanese, reassures customers that there is no risk of personal harm from the problem.
CrushFTP 2.0b6 posted
CrushFTP 2.0b6 adds various small fixes and improvements to the Java FTP server.
Morse code tutor application updated
Black Cat Systems has posted Morse Mania 1.9.5, which adds several additional punctuation characters to the shareware morse code tutor application.
MacSSH 2.1a4 fixes a few bugs
MacSSH 2.1a4, a modified version of the terminal utility BetterTelnet with SSH2 support, now adds CVS local port forwarding and fixes a few other bugs.
iCab 2.3 preview brings Prefetch feature
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- First Look: Microsoft Surface 3 - 8 replies
- Oculus outlines Rift PC requirements, stops OS X, Linux development - 7 replies
- Microsoft reveals six versions of Windows 10 inbound this summer - 6 replies
- Apple, Leica working to resolve bug that could corrupt Photos library - 6 replies
- Pointers: Sign Your PDFs in Preview - 5 replies
- Review: FileMaker Pro 14 (OS X, iOS, Windows) - 5 replies
- Pointers: Mastering the OS X Dock - 5 replies
- Pointers: Make 'Hey Siri' work on Apple Watch - 5 replies
- Apple rolls out Force Touch 15-inch MacBook Pro, new Retina iMac - 5 replies
- Verizon, Sprint agree to pay $158M settlement with FCC over 'cramming' - 5 replies