Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
2001 will continue to be rough on techs
A CBS MarketWatch article takes a look at the tech industry's rough year in 2000, and makes forecasts about the future. Analysts anticipate PC growth to continue to slip next year, eventually falling off to seven percent unit growth (half of its current long-term growth rating) in 2003 with no profit growth. Analysts, however, expect PC companies will continue to grow as they adapt to the market's needs and embrace other technologies, such as handhelds, something that Apple has vehemently denied having any interest in pursuing.
Apple acknowledges faulty Cube power switches
Apple Japan has acknowledged that faulty power switches in some Power Mac G4 Cubes can cause smoke and burning smells to be emitted from the unit. The tech info library article, which is in Japanese, reassures customers that there is no risk of personal harm from the problem.
CrushFTP 2.0b6 posted
CrushFTP 2.0b6 adds various small fixes and improvements to the Java FTP server.
Morse code tutor application updated
Black Cat Systems has posted Morse Mania 1.9.5, which adds several additional punctuation characters to the shareware morse code tutor application.
MacSSH 2.1a4 fixes a few bugs
MacSSH 2.1a4, a modified version of the terminal utility BetterTelnet with SSH2 support, now adds CVS local port forwarding and fixes a few other bugs.
iCab 2.3 preview brings Prefetch feature
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies
- SXSW Snowden speech calls for mass encryption, public NSA oversight - 8 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies