Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
2001 will continue to be rough on techs
A CBS MarketWatch article takes a look at the tech industry's rough year in 2000, and makes forecasts about the future. Analysts anticipate PC growth to continue to slip next year, eventually falling off to seven percent unit growth (half of its current long-term growth rating) in 2003 with no profit growth. Analysts, however, expect PC companies will continue to grow as they adapt to the market's needs and embrace other technologies, such as handhelds, something that Apple has vehemently denied having any interest in pursuing.
Apple acknowledges faulty Cube power switches
Apple Japan has acknowledged that faulty power switches in some Power Mac G4 Cubes can cause smoke and burning smells to be emitted from the unit. The tech info library article, which is in Japanese, reassures customers that there is no risk of personal harm from the problem.
CrushFTP 2.0b6 posted
CrushFTP 2.0b6 adds various small fixes and improvements to the Java FTP server.
Morse code tutor application updated
Black Cat Systems has posted Morse Mania 1.9.5, which adds several additional punctuation characters to the shareware morse code tutor application.
MacSSH 2.1a4 fixes a few bugs
MacSSH 2.1a4, a modified version of the terminal utility BetterTelnet with SSH2 support, now adds CVS local port forwarding and fixes a few other bugs.
iCab 2.3 preview brings Prefetch feature
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...
10 Most Discussed
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 18 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 13 replies
- Obama sides with UK PM, calls for law enforcement-crackable encryption - 12 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- FCC redefines broadband speeds as 25Mbps downloads, 3Mbps uploads - 11 replies
- Repatriation bill offers tax break for US return of foreign profits - 10 replies
- Cook still bullish on iPad despite softening demand - 10 replies
- Adobe updates Flash again due to critical security flaw - 9 replies
- Principal filming on Universal Jobs biopic now underway - 8 replies