Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ExtensionsTracker aims to ease conflicts
ExtensionsTracker is a new, $10 shareware utility that keeps track of what extensions have been installed in your System Folder and when, easing the process of locating possible conflicts.
LightWave 6.5 for OS X now available
As we noted yesterday, LightWave 3D 6.5 OS X Preview is now available. The software is free to all current LightWave 6.5 owners.
Free storage sites struggle for survival
David Snedigar notes that free online storage services may go the same way as free ISPs, many of which have shut down this year. Netdrive.com, one such service, announced yesterday that it will be discontinuing its operations effective December 22. Of course, Mac users can always rely on Apple's iDisk.
UltraDev 4/Fireworks 4 Studio
Jay Sones notes that Macromedia's UltraDev 4/Fireworks 4 Studio is now available for pre-order. The $700 software package is available for $200 to owners of UltraDev 1.0, or for $400 to owners of Dreamweaver 3. It is expected to ship later this month.
Yark Systems in danger of folding
Robert Pleasure reports that Yark Systems, makers of desktop print servers for Mac and PC, is in deep financial trouble, as a company spokesperson recently admitted. Pleasure notes that his attempts to receive a refund on a product returned within the company's 30-day money back guarantee has proved futile, as the company has admitted it will be unable to fulfill that guarantee.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 64 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Gartner: Apple rises, Samsung drops in worldwide phone share - 6 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies