Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ExtensionsTracker aims to ease conflicts
ExtensionsTracker is a new, $10 shareware utility that keeps track of what extensions have been installed in your System Folder and when, easing the process of locating possible conflicts.
LightWave 6.5 for OS X now available
As we noted yesterday, LightWave 3D 6.5 OS X Preview is now available. The software is free to all current LightWave 6.5 owners.
Free storage sites struggle for survival
David Snedigar notes that free online storage services may go the same way as free ISPs, many of which have shut down this year. Netdrive.com, one such service, announced yesterday that it will be discontinuing its operations effective December 22. Of course, Mac users can always rely on Apple's iDisk.
UltraDev 4/Fireworks 4 Studio
Jay Sones notes that Macromedia's UltraDev 4/Fireworks 4 Studio is now available for pre-order. The $700 software package is available for $200 to owners of UltraDev 1.0, or for $400 to owners of Dreamweaver 3. It is expected to ship later this month.
Yark Systems in danger of folding
Robert Pleasure reports that Yark Systems, makers of desktop print servers for Mac and PC, is in deep financial trouble, as a company spokesperson recently admitted. Pleasure notes that his attempts to receive a refund on a product returned within the company's 30-day money back guarantee has proved futile, as the company has admitted it will be unable to fulfill that guarantee.
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...
10 Most Discussed
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 18 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- Obama sides with UK PM, calls for law enforcement-crackable encryption - 12 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 12 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- Cook still bullish on iPad despite softening demand - 9 replies
- Adobe updates Flash again due to critical security flaw - 9 replies
- Principal filming on Universal Jobs biopic now underway - 8 replies
- Apple posts $74.6B in Q1 revenues based on iPhone, Mac sales - 8 replies
- Follow-up: new anti-poaching lawsuit settlement offer $415 million - 7 replies