Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ExtensionsTracker aims to ease conflicts
ExtensionsTracker is a new, $10 shareware utility that keeps track of what extensions have been installed in your System Folder and when, easing the process of locating possible conflicts.
LightWave 6.5 for OS X now available
As we noted yesterday, LightWave 3D 6.5 OS X Preview is now available. The software is free to all current LightWave 6.5 owners.
Free storage sites struggle for survival
David Snedigar notes that free online storage services may go the same way as free ISPs, many of which have shut down this year. Netdrive.com, one such service, announced yesterday that it will be discontinuing its operations effective December 22. Of course, Mac users can always rely on Apple's iDisk.
UltraDev 4/Fireworks 4 Studio
Jay Sones notes that Macromedia's UltraDev 4/Fireworks 4 Studio is now available for pre-order. The $700 software package is available for $200 to owners of UltraDev 1.0, or for $400 to owners of Dreamweaver 3. It is expected to ship later this month.
Yark Systems in danger of folding
Robert Pleasure reports that Yark Systems, makers of desktop print servers for Mac and PC, is in deep financial trouble, as a company spokesperson recently admitted. Pleasure notes that his attempts to receive a refund on a product returned within the company's 30-day money back guarantee has proved futile, as the company has admitted it will be unable to fulfill that guarantee.
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...Snugg Robust Case for iPad Air
Snugg's Distressed Brown Leather Case was something of a pleasant surprise when I reviewed it last year. I didn't expect much at fi ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- One-off (Product) RED Mac Pro fetches $977,000 at auction - 13 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Adobe drags feet on notifying data theft victims, millions at risk - 9 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Nokia pokes Apple's iPad Air with derisive new ads for Lumia 2520 - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- WD Black 2 Dual Drive combines SSD, HDD into non-hybrid format - 6 replies