Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ExtensionsTracker aims to ease conflicts
ExtensionsTracker is a new, $10 shareware utility that keeps track of what extensions have been installed in your System Folder and when, easing the process of locating possible conflicts.
LightWave 6.5 for OS X now available
As we noted yesterday, LightWave 3D 6.5 OS X Preview is now available. The software is free to all current LightWave 6.5 owners.
Free storage sites struggle for survival
David Snedigar notes that free online storage services may go the same way as free ISPs, many of which have shut down this year. Netdrive.com, one such service, announced yesterday that it will be discontinuing its operations effective December 22. Of course, Mac users can always rely on Apple's iDisk.
UltraDev 4/Fireworks 4 Studio
Jay Sones notes that Macromedia's UltraDev 4/Fireworks 4 Studio is now available for pre-order. The $700 software package is available for $200 to owners of UltraDev 1.0, or for $400 to owners of Dreamweaver 3. It is expected to ship later this month.
Yark Systems in danger of folding
Robert Pleasure reports that Yark Systems, makers of desktop print servers for Mac and PC, is in deep financial trouble, as a company spokesperson recently admitted. Pleasure notes that his attempts to receive a refund on a product returned within the company's 30-day money back guarantee has proved futile, as the company has admitted it will be unable to fulfill that guarantee.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Hands On: Tile Bluetooth Object Tracker - 6 replies