Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
BTO Radeon received
One MacNN reader reports success in obtaining a BTO Radeon card from Apple, which features an ADC connector, following eight weeks of waiting after complaining to Apple that the company doesn't offer the upgrade for users who purchased new Power Mac G4 systems before the Radeon became an option.
Threads in our forums include: connecting an ADC display to an older Power Mac, a Pentium III vs. G4 performance comparison, difficulties with new DVD-ROM drives in Power Macs not reading CD-Rs, the best MP3 encoder, Newer's upgrades compared to Sonnet's, questions on purchasing a Power Mac now or waiting until Macworld, and the quintessential Macworld SF wish list.
Roxio assumes Adaptec titles
3December kicks off tomorrow
The 3December Competition, a competition geared towards 3D computer graphic artists, will take place tomorrow in 21 cities across the globe. The competition, organized by Alias|Wavefront, will allow creators to show off their works and win prizes. There will also be 2D and 3D painting competitions, with chances to win a number of high-end Wacom products. Full details, including cities where the event will be held, are available on the Web site.
SpeedDownload 1.0.2 posted
SpeedDownload 1.0.2 is a maintenance update to the software that allows users on broadband connections to overcome some transfer speed limitations on servers by using multiple ports.
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...DoxieGo Portable Scanner
Sometimes, people need to scan things, but having a computer at hand to do so isn't exactly feasible. Maybe it's the home of a relat ...
10 Most Discussed
- LA schools' iPad program flawed from beginning, federal report says - 28 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- President Obama calls for overturning anti-municipal broadband laws - 16 replies
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 15 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 12 replies
- Obama sides with UK PM, calls for law enforcement-crackable encryption - 12 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- Principal filming on Universal Jobs biopic now underway - 8 replies
- Follow-up: new anti-poaching lawsuit settlement offer $415 million - 7 replies
- Google Glass 'graduates' from Google X, team reports to Tony Fadell - 6 replies