Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Epson update fixes Remote Access issue
Paul Rostill said he received a note from Epson Technical support about a Stylus Driver Update to address an issue with Remote Access under Mac OS 9.04:
"I had an Email from Epson UK this morning informing me that they have posted a patch on their website which should resolve the long running conflict between the Epson driver software and Apple's Remote Access. This conflict would cause the computer to freeze when attempting to dial up via Remote Access any time after something had been printed. I have downloaded the (3.7MB) patch, and I can confirm, that so far at least, It Works!"
Computer History Graphing Project
Version 0.9.2 of the Computer History Graphing Project, which "aims to graph all of computerdom in one large family tree," now contains an updated version of the unified parser program, parsech and can now optionally output a DBM hash containing the parsed data.
iStream 1.4.2 MP3 Server addresses bugs
Arctic Software's iStream 1.4.2 fixes a few bugs in the company's MP3 Streaming Server which allows you to broadcast CD quality sound over the internet.
Epson UK posts ESC 3000 and ESC 1520 updates
Epson UK has also posted new Stylus Color 3000 6.3c and Stylus Color 1520 6.3c drivers, although the latest drivers on the Epson US site are Stylus Color 3000 v5.6dE and Stylus Color 1520 v5.6AE (with both Stylus Driver Updater v 1.1AES and Stylus Driver Updater v1.0BES updates).
FaxBee 1.2 fixes Mac OS 9 bug
Dantowitz Consulting's FaxBee 1.2 brings improved compatibility with Mac OS 9 in its FAXstf Pro helper application that can generate faxes from text messages via its drop box (for any application to create) or from email messages received by the EIMS or SIMS mail servers.
New ZipBurst beta has more options
Dantowitz also released ZipBurst 2.0b5, a CGI that ships in both Lite and Pro flavors, now includes an option to configure the served MIME type and an improved set-up assistant. The Lite version can serve an unlimited number of databases in an unlimited number of domains and supports searching on multiple fields, sorting on multiple fields, and many reporting options, while the Pro version can additionally search by location. A limited demo is available online.
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...
10 Most Discussed
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 18 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 13 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- Repatriation bill offers tax break for US return of foreign profits - 11 replies
- FCC redefines broadband speeds as 25Mbps downloads, 3Mbps uploads - 11 replies
- Cook still bullish on iPad despite softening demand - 10 replies
- Adobe updates Flash again due to critical security flaw - 9 replies
- Apple sees one billionth iOS device shipped, China sales explode - 8 replies
- Apple posts $74.6B in Q1 revenues based on iPhone, Mac sales - 8 replies