Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Epson update fixes Remote Access issue
Paul Rostill said he received a note from Epson Technical support about a Stylus Driver Update to address an issue with Remote Access under Mac OS 9.04:
"I had an Email from Epson UK this morning informing me that they have posted a patch on their website which should resolve the long running conflict between the Epson driver software and Apple's Remote Access. This conflict would cause the computer to freeze when attempting to dial up via Remote Access any time after something had been printed. I have downloaded the (3.7MB) patch, and I can confirm, that so far at least, It Works!"
Computer History Graphing Project
Version 0.9.2 of the Computer History Graphing Project, which "aims to graph all of computerdom in one large family tree," now contains an updated version of the unified parser program, parsech and can now optionally output a DBM hash containing the parsed data.
iStream 1.4.2 MP3 Server addresses bugs
Arctic Software's iStream 1.4.2 fixes a few bugs in the company's MP3 Streaming Server which allows you to broadcast CD quality sound over the internet.
Epson UK posts ESC 3000 and ESC 1520 updates
Epson UK has also posted new Stylus Color 3000 6.3c and Stylus Color 1520 6.3c drivers, although the latest drivers on the Epson US site are Stylus Color 3000 v5.6dE and Stylus Color 1520 v5.6AE (with both Stylus Driver Updater v 1.1AES and Stylus Driver Updater v1.0BES updates).
FaxBee 1.2 fixes Mac OS 9 bug
Dantowitz Consulting's FaxBee 1.2 brings improved compatibility with Mac OS 9 in its FAXstf Pro helper application that can generate faxes from text messages via its drop box (for any application to create) or from email messages received by the EIMS or SIMS mail servers.
New ZipBurst beta has more options
Dantowitz also released ZipBurst 2.0b5, a CGI that ships in both Lite and Pro flavors, now includes an option to configure the served MIME type and an improved set-up assistant. The Lite version can serve an unlimited number of databases in an unlimited number of domains and supports searching on multiple fields, sorting on multiple fields, and many reporting options, while the Pro version can additionally search by location. A limited demo is available online.
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...Plantronics Rig Surround 7.1 headset
Trying to capture the true soundscape of video games can be a daunting task. Looking to surround-sound home theater options, users hav ...
10 Most Discussed
- U2 frontman Bono apologizes for auto downloads of 'Songs of Innocence' - 13 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite formally released - 12 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- 'One more thing' from Apple: Mac mini refresh - 11 replies
- Microsoft smartwatch touted for launch within weeks, sale soon after - 11 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies
- Apple unveils new Retina iMac, featuring 5K display - 9 replies
- Flight attendants sue FAA over in-flight device usage rules - 9 replies
- Kmart suffers huge breach, all shoppers since September likely victims - 9 replies