Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Epson update fixes Remote Access issue
Paul Rostill said he received a note from Epson Technical support about a Stylus Driver Update to address an issue with Remote Access under Mac OS 9.04:
"I had an Email from Epson UK this morning informing me that they have posted a patch on their website which should resolve the long running conflict between the Epson driver software and Apple's Remote Access. This conflict would cause the computer to freeze when attempting to dial up via Remote Access any time after something had been printed. I have downloaded the (3.7MB) patch, and I can confirm, that so far at least, It Works!"
Computer History Graphing Project
Version 0.9.2 of the Computer History Graphing Project, which "aims to graph all of computerdom in one large family tree," now contains an updated version of the unified parser program, parsech and can now optionally output a DBM hash containing the parsed data.
iStream 1.4.2 MP3 Server addresses bugs
Arctic Software's iStream 1.4.2 fixes a few bugs in the company's MP3 Streaming Server which allows you to broadcast CD quality sound over the internet.
Epson UK posts ESC 3000 and ESC 1520 updates
Epson UK has also posted new Stylus Color 3000 6.3c and Stylus Color 1520 6.3c drivers, although the latest drivers on the Epson US site are Stylus Color 3000 v5.6dE and Stylus Color 1520 v5.6AE (with both Stylus Driver Updater v 1.1AES and Stylus Driver Updater v1.0BES updates).
FaxBee 1.2 fixes Mac OS 9 bug
Dantowitz Consulting's FaxBee 1.2 brings improved compatibility with Mac OS 9 in its FAXstf Pro helper application that can generate faxes from text messages via its drop box (for any application to create) or from email messages received by the EIMS or SIMS mail servers.
New ZipBurst beta has more options
Dantowitz also released ZipBurst 2.0b5, a CGI that ships in both Lite and Pro flavors, now includes an option to configure the served MIME type and an improved set-up assistant. The Lite version can serve an unlimited number of databases in an unlimited number of domains and supports searching on multiple fields, sorting on multiple fields, and many reporting options, while the Pro version can additionally search by location. A limited demo is available online.
Finding a speaker purpose-built for a specific need is challenging. Even when a Bluetooth speaker can be paired with a mobile device, ...JBL Synchros E40BT headphones
For all the different configurations of headphones on the market, it's always a tough choice for buyers to get something that is just ...Razer Taipan mouse
The list of gaming devices is growing larger with each passing day. A large number of companies have entered the gaming input arena, a ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 25 replies
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- SEC: Apple bought back another $5 billion in stock in June quarter - 14 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Coalition of authors blames 'thuggish' Amazon for Hachette dispute - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies