Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
WWDC Satellite info follow-up
Following yesterday's report on the WWDC Satellite uplink, Globecast was unable to confirm whether the signal would be available "in the clear" (i.e., available to the general public), as other readers indicated that the signal may be encrypted and only available to specificallly invited parties.
New destination for Netscape 6 newbies
NewZilla is a new, unofficial Netscape 6 and Mozilla FAQ, which addresses questions from people unfamiliar with Mozilla, and addressing many of the common questions, concerns, and complaints about Netscape 6. (Readers can also use our Netscape 6 forum to discuss the next-generation browser.)
Softpress Freeway 3 now available
Internet clipping utility updated
Japheth Cleaver's utility for creating easy-to-launch clipping files, Internet Location Maker 2.1.2, now includes AkuaSweets 1.39 and has some minor UI improvements
Gameboy emulator adds color support
Boycott/MacOS 0.63, a Gameboy Emulator for the Mac adds color Gameboy emulation and has "greatly improved compatibility."
Selznick adds French, Japanese support
Selznick Scientific's system extension for displaying the moon phases in the menu bar, MoonMenu 1.2 and its text manipulation utility, SmartWrap 1.7.2 are now available in Japanese- and French-localized versions.
Freeware Joliet extensions fixes bugs
Thomas Tempelmann's freeware Joliet Volume Access v1.1 extension, which offers file system support for reading ISO 9660 Level 1-3 and Joliet formatted disks, fixes reported multi-session-related problems with both FWB's CD-ROM toolkit driver and by the Windows software Easy CD Creator.
Open Base releases new Mac OS X ready apps
OpenBase's OpenBase SQL 6.5 beta brings Mac OS X (client) support to its high-performance database with improved developer utilities for editing database schemas and table data, managing database user accounts and controlling databases from across the Internet. Other features include updatded JDBC and ODBC drivers and a new Mac OS API-based on Open Transport. RADstudio 1.05 also adds Mac OS X support to its cross-platform database development environment.
PlayerPRO 5.6 supports SoundJam plugins
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 8 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies