Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
WWDC Satellite info follow-up
Following yesterday's report on the WWDC Satellite uplink, Globecast was unable to confirm whether the signal would be available "in the clear" (i.e., available to the general public), as other readers indicated that the signal may be encrypted and only available to specificallly invited parties.
New destination for Netscape 6 newbies
NewZilla is a new, unofficial Netscape 6 and Mozilla FAQ, which addresses questions from people unfamiliar with Mozilla, and addressing many of the common questions, concerns, and complaints about Netscape 6. (Readers can also use our Netscape 6 forum to discuss the next-generation browser.)
Softpress Freeway 3 now available
Internet clipping utility updated
Japheth Cleaver's utility for creating easy-to-launch clipping files, Internet Location Maker 2.1.2, now includes AkuaSweets 1.39 and has some minor UI improvements
Gameboy emulator adds color support
Boycott/MacOS 0.63, a Gameboy Emulator for the Mac adds color Gameboy emulation and has "greatly improved compatibility."
Selznick adds French, Japanese support
Selznick Scientific's system extension for displaying the moon phases in the menu bar, MoonMenu 1.2 and its text manipulation utility, SmartWrap 1.7.2 are now available in Japanese- and French-localized versions.
Freeware Joliet extensions fixes bugs
Thomas Tempelmann's freeware Joliet Volume Access v1.1 extension, which offers file system support for reading ISO 9660 Level 1-3 and Joliet formatted disks, fixes reported multi-session-related problems with both FWB's CD-ROM toolkit driver and by the Windows software Easy CD Creator.
Open Base releases new Mac OS X ready apps
OpenBase's OpenBase SQL 6.5 beta brings Mac OS X (client) support to its high-performance database with improved developer utilities for editing database schemas and table data, managing database user accounts and controlling databases from across the Internet. Other features include updatded JDBC and ODBC drivers and a new Mac OS API-based on Open Transport. RADstudio 1.05 also adds Mac OS X support to its cross-platform database development environment.
PlayerPRO 5.6 supports SoundJam plugins
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple debuts special page for iOS 7.1 release - 10 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Office for Mac to get new version this year, says Microsoft exec - 9 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies