Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
WWDC Satellite info follow-up
Following yesterday's report on the WWDC Satellite uplink, Globecast was unable to confirm whether the signal would be available "in the clear" (i.e., available to the general public), as other readers indicated that the signal may be encrypted and only available to specificallly invited parties.
New destination for Netscape 6 newbies
NewZilla is a new, unofficial Netscape 6 and Mozilla FAQ, which addresses questions from people unfamiliar with Mozilla, and addressing many of the common questions, concerns, and complaints about Netscape 6. (Readers can also use our Netscape 6 forum to discuss the next-generation browser.)
Softpress Freeway 3 now available
Internet clipping utility updated
Japheth Cleaver's utility for creating easy-to-launch clipping files, Internet Location Maker 2.1.2, now includes AkuaSweets 1.39 and has some minor UI improvements
Gameboy emulator adds color support
Boycott/MacOS 0.63, a Gameboy Emulator for the Mac adds color Gameboy emulation and has "greatly improved compatibility."
Selznick adds French, Japanese support
Selznick Scientific's system extension for displaying the moon phases in the menu bar, MoonMenu 1.2 and its text manipulation utility, SmartWrap 1.7.2 are now available in Japanese- and French-localized versions.
Freeware Joliet extensions fixes bugs
Thomas Tempelmann's freeware Joliet Volume Access v1.1 extension, which offers file system support for reading ISO 9660 Level 1-3 and Joliet formatted disks, fixes reported multi-session-related problems with both FWB's CD-ROM toolkit driver and by the Windows software Easy CD Creator.
Open Base releases new Mac OS X ready apps
OpenBase's OpenBase SQL 6.5 beta brings Mac OS X (client) support to its high-performance database with improved developer utilities for editing database schemas and table data, managing database user accounts and controlling databases from across the Internet. Other features include updatded JDBC and ODBC drivers and a new Mac OS API-based on Open Transport. RADstudio 1.05 also adds Mac OS X support to its cross-platform database development environment.
PlayerPRO 5.6 supports SoundJam plugins
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...Snugg Robust Case for iPad Air
Snugg's Distressed Brown Leather Case was something of a pleasant surprise when I reviewed it last year. I didn't expect much at fi ...
10 Most Discussed
- One-off (Product) RED Mac Pro fetches $977,000 at auction - 13 replies
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 12 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Adobe drags feet on notifying data theft victims, millions at risk - 9 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Nokia pokes Apple's iPad Air with derisive new ads for Lumia 2520 - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- WD Black 2 Dual Drive combines SSD, HDD into non-hybrid format - 6 replies