Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
WWDC Satellite info follow-up
Following yesterday's report on the WWDC Satellite uplink, Globecast was unable to confirm whether the signal would be available "in the clear" (i.e., available to the general public), as other readers indicated that the signal may be encrypted and only available to specificallly invited parties.
New destination for Netscape 6 newbies
NewZilla is a new, unofficial Netscape 6 and Mozilla FAQ, which addresses questions from people unfamiliar with Mozilla, and addressing many of the common questions, concerns, and complaints about Netscape 6. (Readers can also use our Netscape 6 forum to discuss the next-generation browser.)
Softpress Freeway 3 now available
Internet clipping utility updated
Japheth Cleaver's utility for creating easy-to-launch clipping files, Internet Location Maker 2.1.2, now includes AkuaSweets 1.39 and has some minor UI improvements
Gameboy emulator adds color support
Boycott/MacOS 0.63, a Gameboy Emulator for the Mac adds color Gameboy emulation and has "greatly improved compatibility."
Selznick adds French, Japanese support
Selznick Scientific's system extension for displaying the moon phases in the menu bar, MoonMenu 1.2 and its text manipulation utility, SmartWrap 1.7.2 are now available in Japanese- and French-localized versions.
Freeware Joliet extensions fixes bugs
Thomas Tempelmann's freeware Joliet Volume Access v1.1 extension, which offers file system support for reading ISO 9660 Level 1-3 and Joliet formatted disks, fixes reported multi-session-related problems with both FWB's CD-ROM toolkit driver and by the Windows software Easy CD Creator.
Open Base releases new Mac OS X ready apps
OpenBase's OpenBase SQL 6.5 beta brings Mac OS X (client) support to its high-performance database with improved developer utilities for editing database schemas and table data, managing database user accounts and controlling databases from across the Internet. Other features include updatded JDBC and ODBC drivers and a new Mac OS API-based on Open Transport. RADstudio 1.05 also adds Mac OS X support to its cross-platform database development environment.
PlayerPRO 5.6 supports SoundJam plugins
When it comes to music on the go, consumers generally have some options to consider when looking for the best experience. While Blueto ...Pure Jongo T2 wireless speaker
Multi-room audio compatibility is a key metric for wireless sound systems these days. The entry cost into a house-spanning system can ...Logitech Z213 multimedia speakers
Desktop computer speakers sit in a weird area of limbo: many consumers have forgone the era of desktop listening for the privacy and v ...
10 Most Discussed
- Oregon Apple Store 'slur' incident being investigated - 31 replies
- Opinion: Why the Apple iWatch will succeed (Part 1) - 17 replies
- Opinion: Hachette and Amazon fight, who loses? - 12 replies
- Atlantic Magazine notes trend to Chromebooks in schools - 12 replies
- T-Mobile announces plan to throttle those abusing 'unlimited' data - 11 replies
- Judge rejects proposed $324.5M anti-poaching case settlement - 11 replies
- NewerTech accessory fools 'headless' Mac minis into turning on GPU - 9 replies
- Apple issues diversity report, promises better gender/racial balance - 8 replies
- Disney latest victim of Amazon DVD pre-order denial - 8 replies
- Skype suddenly blocks users with OS X 10.5 or earlier - 7 replies