Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Windows Phone virtual assistant could appear in desktop Windows release
Cortana, Microsoft's voice-controlled virtual assistant from Windows Phone 8.1, may appear in the final retail release of Windows 10, according to a report. Though it was not demonstrated during the Windows launch event yesterday, it is claimed Microsoft is actively testing the feature in internal builds of the operating system.
Spotify opens Canadian streaming service to everyone
Spotify has opened up its service in Canada to all users, following a brief invitational period. The streaming music service boasts over 20 million songs served on 320kbps streams, with chief content officer Ken Parks claiming the collection has been "tailor made for Canadian music fans." Users have the same ad-supported free and paid service options as other regions, with Spotify Premium priced at $10 per month.
First non-disaster donation portal, will be active throughout October
City of Hope, a research and treatment charity focused on cancer and diabetes among other life-threatening illnesses, will be the recipient of donations given by iTunes users through a new portal on the iTunes Store and available for iOS, Mac and Windows users. The move, the first time Apple has set up a donation system for a non-disaster relief organization, is in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and will be available throughout October.
Lineup will match iPhone 6 family, but major feature will be Touch ID
As previously reported, Apple will launch the second-generation iPad Air, and possibly the iPad mini with Retina display, with an option for a gold color -- to match the options available for the iPhone 5s and new iPhone 6 family. The gold color, first introduced last year, is said to be the most popular color for the iPhone 5s and caused severe shortages for the gold model during its debut. The next iPad models are also expected to gain the latest A8 processor, improved graphics and Touch ID.
Smartbands of all sorts are hitting the market. Some build on the buzz around fitness trackers, while others offer simpler features fo ...RocketStor 6324L Thunderbolt 2 eSATA bridge
Like it or not, the shift to Thunderbolt is underway. The connection is extremely flexible, allowing for video and data to co-habitate ...Patriot Stellar Boost XT 64GB USB 3.0 drive
A vast selection of USB memory sticks means that consumers can often find exactly the size drive they need in a configuration that can ...
10 Most Discussed
- Some users complain of iPhone 6 Plus bending in pockets - 23 replies
- Video shows two kids deliberately bending iPhones at Apple Store - 19 replies
- Wozniak on the iPhone 6: 'I've gotten rid of my Android phones' - 15 replies
- Person responsible for iOS 8.0.1 debacle also linked to iOS 6 Maps - 14 replies
- Apple releases fix for 'Shellshock' Unix flaw - 12 replies
- FBI Director Comey worried Apple, Google encryption 'above the law' - 12 replies
- Apple Watch will be able to control Apple TV, says Cook - 11 replies
- Fixed iOS 8.0.2 now live; bent iPhone 6 Pluses may get replaced [u] - 11 replies
- Prescheduled social media posts from Joan Rivers promote iPhone 6 - 11 replies
- Consumer Reports: iPhone 6 'bending' controversy overblown - 10 replies